Monday, July 19, 2004

Can People Really hear themselves?

Some days, you have to wonder - when someone says something stupid, can they hear it the same way you do?  People ask for the strangest things.  I was talking to a guy recently that purchased a Honda Element.  My first response was "I'm sorry to hear that, sir."  Then he tells me he's doing a retro-conversion on it.  First off, there is nothing retro about a Honda Element.  He then tells me he wants me to design an old Ford Woodie style paint scheme like the Beach Boys used to drive.  I'm certain that the Beach Boys never drove an abomination such as that.  I sat there and listened to the guy and thought - man this guy has some issues.  Not only did he purchase a Honda Element, he wants to do a retro conversion on it.  I had to excuse myself because I couldn't keep from throwing up at the very thought of it much longer.  Finally, after hearing all of his ideas, I asked if he was kidding.  I then told him I had recorded the conversation and wanted to play it back for him so he could hear it.  He then decided instead of painting the car, it would be better to buy some of the wooden print decals and stick those on the car.  The best part of all of this is, I'm not making any of it up.  I'm sorry, I can't help that you chose to buy the worlds ugliest car but don't turn it into a spectical.  We already know you made a bad decision, don't turn it into a string of them.  Honestly, we're all going to laugh at you.  Everyone in the world looks at Elements and just wonders why anyone would do that to begin with.  Do you really want us all asking why on two counts?  Maybe you'll get lucky and that craze will catch on in Canada, eh?  Ask John Kerry what he thinks - I'm sure he's not for it, but he's not against it.

1 Comments:

You're evil. And you're soo good at it!
posted by Blogger Jenn at 8:48 PM