Wednesday, July 21, 2004

As it turns out - stupid comes in all sizes...

So a guy calls today and I answer the phone with my name.  Somehow, this confuses the guy to no end.  I should mention I use the company name as well.  This moron is so flustered, he doesn't know what to do next.  I finally had to ask him who he meant to call, and what he wanted.  As it turns out - he wasn't sure.  I was shocked.  Then he couldn't understand how I answered the phone without identifying myself - and argued that I should use my name.  Amazingly, he didn't remember the conversation we had about why I shouldn't use my name.  I once heard Forest Gump say that "Stupid is, as stupid does."  This guy is so many levels of stupid, you almost wondered if there was a support group for it.  I swear, one of these days I'm going to turn past crank yankers and hear myself on the phone.  I thought I could make it through the day without someone who can redefine your thoughts on natural selection - but it would seem I could not.  I suppose if someone like John Kerry can run for president, stupid people are aloud to rome the streets freely.  Once again, John Kerry does not approve this message - but he does not disapprove of this message either.

2 Comments:

LOL! So, I'm reading this post, and when you describe this stupid guy, the first thing that comes to mind is, "Stupid is as stupid does." from Forrest Gump. I think to myself, "Thats funny! I shall type that." And then a few lines down, you took the words right out of my mouth. hee hee

I like how stupid people tend to blame their stupidity on other people. Like its your fault the idiot didn't have a clue where he was or what he was doing. And they just get madder and madder, because surely it was this random person that made them temporarily mentally challenged. They don't realize that the temporary is actually permanent.

I tend to rant on your blog just as much as you! lol Its rant therapy! Sorry... :0S

xoxo
posted by Blogger Good Wife at 10:46 AM  
Ranting is good - gets things off your chest.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 6:19 PM