Monday, January 23, 2006

The Great Clips Special...

...really isn't special at all. Maybe I just don't know how to talk to hair stylists, or maybe I just find ones that don't care. I didn't really need a hair cut but I probably would have in the next week or so so while they're doing the $5.99 hair cut special I figured I'd get it over with this weekend while I had some free time. Maybe you get what you pay for but I think this girl just decided to nearly shave my head and move on to the next guy. I've decided I need to stop worrying about what a haircut costs, I just need to find a girl that is capable of cutting hair, and is hot. Why? Not just because I'm shallow, but because hot girls always give better hair cuts. Maybe they've had more practice. I tried for a while not caring and just letting the trolls at the local Great Shaves...I mean Clips...cut my hair. At this place, the trolls whine because the three attractive girls get all the hair cuts and make all the money, and don't like them. Once they're done whining about them, they whine about their life and how everyone hates them and the world is against them but then inform me that they have a boyfriend. Yes...they do all of this in one haircut...one haircut that takes up half your day and almost all of your hair. I know it's hair and it grows back but when your wife looks at you and says "DAMN! Did you tell them you were an aids patient and needed the HIV special or what? My GOD that's a bad haircut!" you tend to think it's time to find a new place to go. My brother-in-law recommended a girl once that gave a good hair cut, but was extremely good looking and had large fake breasts. I'm figuring that's the key. She has to be hot, because hot girls cut more hair, because shallow guys like me think ugly girls can't cut hair. We're right. I know we are. This many shallow assholes in the world can't be wrong. Mike lived on that theory for years and I dont' ever remember looking at Mike wondering what happened to his head.

Short of that, the weekend involved a transmission service to my hot wifes (see, I was shallow enough to marry a hot girl too) Crustang, and board games and tequila shots with friends. We played I did manage to get Mobil 1 ATF in my hair but since my hair is short enough now I was able to get it out with a paper towel. Normally it might have taken shampoo or something but not anymore. Not much else happening this week at work. We've got books to send back, and books to re-order. I did update my countdowns to add Inside Man, Firewall, and Ghost Rider because all of those look cool.

8 Comments:

I know EXACTLY how you feel. When I moved out to Iowa I got a couple of trims at Great Big Mistake Clips and never went back. But I still bounced around from place to place and was never happy. Back home I went to a barbershop and always had one lady cut my hair. It was great. I've finally settled on getting my hair cut by a gal that I went to school with for awhile. I won't say it's the greatest hair cut but it will do.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 11:13 AM  
On the movies...Firewall actually looks pretty damn good. I haven't seen any previews for the other one's however.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 11:13 AM  
The Ghost Rider site even has a teaser. If you like Clive Owen, I think you'll appreciate Inside Man. He's good, and I think this is going to be a really good movie.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 11:19 AM  
WOW...Inside Man does look like it's going to be good. Those are the type of movies that I really enjoy. I haven't seen a good movie like that in awhile.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 4:41 PM  
Yeah, Inside Man will be good. Did you guys ever get to see Derailed?
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 5:04 PM  
No we didn't get to see Derailed, but I think it's close to video so I'll be picking it up shortly (and warning the wife about the firs scene).

Ghost Rider doesn't look to bad either, but I'm not to keen on Nick Cage. Hopefully he does a pretty good job. Have no clue about the story, but Marvel movies have almost always been good.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 5:11 PM  
My mom owns a salon, so I guess I've always been anti-Great Clips/Fantastic Sams/Super Cuts type establishments. When J and I first started dating, he had a regular hairstyle then and went to one of those places. I swear they gave him vents on the sides circa 1989. It was BAD! You're right though; you get what you pay for.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 5:56 PM  
Yeah, I guess you're right Chas. I just go to Great Clips because it's close and you can't beat $5.99 for a haircut, but seriously this one is bad. I'm not sure what she was thinking, but it's bad.

Christian, you don't like Cage? He's awesome! I know a lot of people don't like him, but he's usually pretty good. I'd heard a rumor once that he was going to be Superman, but looks like that fell through.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 6:55 PM