Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Christmas Recap...

So the weekend was good. As usual it was very busy driving from one house to another and eating a huge meal immediately upon arrival, but at least we're not going hungry. Saturday morning Jen and I went up to Nashville to pick up her brother at the airport. We were short on time, so we didn't get to make a Hooter visit. I actually drove well over the speed limit both too and from so as far as Nashville is concerned I doubt it ever knew we were there. I had to slow down on the drive back because at around 110 my wifes car threw a wheel weight and we picked up a vibration. It's a small one at 60, but from 90-120 it's more than noticeable. From Chatty to Nashville we made it in just a little less than an hour and a half. The best part is that my wifes car was still getting about 26mpg's at that speed. Nice. Her brother flew in as a suprise to her parents and since they don't believe in exchanging gifts, that was our gift to them. They were shocked and her mom cried. We made the trip back in about an hour and 45 minutes and the family visitations began. Her aunt and uncle were in town, but her aunt is insanely annoying so I didn't spend much quality time with her. Her uncle is pretty cool and he likes movies so we got along just fine. After a few hours of visitation with the in-laws we headed over to my parents house for dinner and then headed to a church service at my sisters church. If you've ever watched the Andy Griffith show, that's pretty much what my sisters church service was like. Sunday morning was a repeat. Back to my parents house for presents and breakfast, then back over to the inlaws for presents and dinner. As far as presents go we both got some pretty useful gifts. I got a set of impact tools with a compressor, and my hot wife and her parents got me a workbench with a powered backwall. Both of our grandparents gave money, so we spent it on this. When we moved in, the gas logs weren't working so we got a propane tank and propane with our Christmas money. It really does help heat the house, but it stinks of propane if they run too long. Outside of that, I got a few good movies like the Matrix Collectors edition, and the Fantastic Four. Her brother arrived safely back in Texas last night and her aunt and uncle are back home as well. Today it's back to work for a few hours then back home. I hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas!

9 Comments:

Sounds like you had a good holiday. On one hand I think both the wife and I would like to be closer to relatives, but on the other hand it's nice to not have to put up with some of the BS that goes on. Oh well I guess that's just part of being the family.

Oh yeah...we got our DVD Recorder finally. :)
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 9:14 AM  
Sweet! Now it's time to be done with all those VHS tapes. Glad you guys had a good holiday too.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 10:24 AM  
Hey Raul Duke, Im imposing a moratorium (this one is only 5 letters) to post and say Happy Holidays! It sounds like your Christmas was fab, and Im sorry ya'll didn't make it by.

That's great that Jason flew home, and I wish MY family didn't do presents. It's basically a money exchange.

This holiday would work so much better if we all just spent money on ourselves. Then we'd get what we wanted, and no one would feel obligated to do anything nice for us. That would be lovely.

So Mr Propane logs, how are you going to top that for Jen's b-day? I reccommend gemstones, particularily ones that sparkle and are clear.
posted by Blogger Jenn at 5:55 PM  
I gave my wife jewelry for Christmas. We actually bought the propane tank with Christmas money because the people that owned our house before were too stupid to hook them up. If I told you what she was getting for her birthday you might just spill that one.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 7:36 AM  
Nah Im good at secrets. But posting it on the blog won't help ;-)

But kudos to you on the jewelry. I wish Greg would randomly buy me some. But alas. He has an aversion to anything sparkly!`

Nasty Word:wwvlijfu That BETTER be right...

It wasn't.
posted by Blogger Jenn at 1:17 PM  
That sounds like a busy holiday. Those propane logs will come in handy if we ever get a snow that knocks the power out. My parents had a propane wall heater installed after the "blizzard" back in the 90s...something about propane makes my eyes burn, but it definitely came in handy a few times.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 7:01 PM  
Ahh the blizard of 93. I remember Dad and I went out in search of a heater and some retard kept trying to sell us an electric heater. He didn't understand why we got mad and said if we had power we wouldn't need an electric heater. He thought he was offering us a great deal I guess.

Hooters, you can't keep a secret. However, if you're in town around a holiday I might borrow you to do some Jen shopping one afternoon.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 10:05 AM  
Always up for Jen shopping, but not to terribly sure Ella is going to let me travel anytime soon.

We've hit the 9 month mark, which means NO MORE NAPS!
posted by Blogger Jenn at 5:12 PM  
No more naps huh? Maybe it's your lack of sleep that ended the boycott of my blog?
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 10:37 PM