Friday, January 13, 2006

I'm a bad person

So Habib the next door neighbor got a new car this week. Now he can drive from his apartment complex across the street to the store in his new Honda minivan. Why he drives to work I'm not sure. He's got limited parking and sells more beer out of that store than any three beer joints in this town so why he parks in front of his own front door I don't know. Anyway, we have a driveway that goes around our building in between mine and Habib's places. He saw us pull a truck around back to load up some returns and pulled his van in front of the driveway almost like he was blocking us on purpose. We had to be at FedEx by 5:00 and he wasn't helping the cause. So I ran inside to ask him if he could move. He took a huge offense to this for whatever reason and said he'd do it in a minute, when we got the other car next to him to move he came out and informed us he wasn't moving. My dad was with me so he called him a few choice, and undoubtedly racist names. Habib weighs about 90lbs so if he ever decided he wanted to throw down I'm pretty sure he'd get broken in half. Anyway back to the story at hand. Today he parked up next to our building. We didn't pull around back, but he was right by our window and couldn't see the car from his front door. The rain started pouring down at about lunch time today and Habib had his sunroof open. I stood there and laughed. The car was also parked on a hill so any water was running right in to the driver seat. He came to his car to leave and I stood at the window watching him get in. Once he sat down he jumped out with a confused and startled look about him and then I started lauging again. He heard me because I almost fell over, made eye contact, and kept laughing. He climbed in and drove off but his look changed from startled to embarrassed. Somehow I know I should have felt bad about it, but I didn't. Probably because I'm a bad person.

6 Comments:

LOL!!! I wouldn't say your a bad person...just giving him what he deserves.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 4:40 PM  
Nah, you're not a bad person...he probably believes in karma, so he should have thought about that when he refused to move his van.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 9:42 AM  
Christian, perhaps you've never heard me laugh. I was told when I waited tables that it was more of a rape the village type laugh than anything else. Knowing that he could hear this...I suppose that makes it worse for him.

Chas, I hadn't thought about Karma. Maybe in his world he did have it coming to him.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 8:52 AM  
Okay that is not a good laugh...
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 10:04 AM  
Yeah, I just have a hearty viking type laugh I suppose. I'm sure he was hating life at that point.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 11:31 AM  
Very funny, too few times in the world poeple get what they deserve. :)
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 12:34 PM