Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Over a year, and still they fight

As most of you know I've been at the helm of this bookstore for well over a year now. I may have blogged before about the problems we have with the campus store and in general what total assholes they are when it comes to the sharing of information and working with us. They would honestly rather their students withdraw from the class than buy the book from us. I know this because they've told us that's the case. Why they're like this I may never know. Anyway, we had a meeting with them again this semester as we do every semester to tell them we know what they're doing and they need to stop. This semester was a little different because we told them this was our last meeting and from now on we'd be going straight to the state attorney general. I've had conversations with this man before and basically he's informed me that what they're doing is wrong, and if we take them to court they will lose because he's the one that has to defend them. We informed the powers that be in our last meeting this would happen. Apparently they thought I was bluffing because we had the same problems arise once again this week. So I sent an e-mail to my contact there on campus that read something to the effect of "What part of this act is against the law did you miss in our last meeting? Perhaps a month isn't long enough for you to relay the message to the bookstore. As promised (and my attorney was copied on this one) this offense is being taken to the next level." So I called the attorney general, told him the course of the last month or so and what we'd been doing to prevent it and about our last meeting. I even e-mailed him a copy of the meeting agenda we'd made for him and he said he would call the school and take care of it. Somehow I thought at our last meeting that I'd had his attention but apparently not. I know it doesn't sound like much, but when the state attorney general has to call you because you're willfully violating federal laws it just can't be good news. If you were curious, yes, off campus bookstores are protected from misinformation under federal laws. This asshole has been steeling time from me by making me research this kind of thing for over a year now, and now this same ass clown is taking up time on my blog. Hopefully the phone call from the AG did not go well for him and he'll decide that he is an asshole and take his own life. Well...maybe that's a bit harsh. Maybe he'll just quit being an incompetant ass hat in areas that concern me.

Not much else happening these days. Just gearing up for next semester and as usual trying to find new and exciting ways to generate revenue for the store. By the way, should anyone have any ideas they'd like to throw at me, I'm as usual wide open for suggestions. Hopefully in the next few weeks we'll be smoking again and I've invited Bobby Flay to see if he wants to have a throw down with the rum runners and our mad cooking skills. Could be interesting.

4 Comments:

I never knew there were so many ins and outs of running a book store. I guess running any business is difficult. I hope the AG gets things settled for you w/out going to court.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 6:08 AM  
Good to see you back around. I'm guessing that you will probably have to go with a lawsuit on this one. Which would give you something to blog about!

Hows that phone doing by the way?
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 7:31 AM  
The phone is still alive unfortunately. We're still waiting for a day to get it destructed. It will come soon.

I hope we don't have to go to court, that just gets ugly.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 12:50 PM  
Yeah court would be ugly, but sometimes it's the only options now days...which is rather unfortunate.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 9:08 AM