Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Back from Iowa

So it's been a few weeks since my last post, and if you didn't go see Snakes on a Plane, you should. I've seen it twice. Anyway, so a quick review of what's happened and what is to come.

My hot wife left last week for Iowa for her first cousins wedding. The original plan involved meeting Chris on the way to or from, but he was out of town so that plan was out. My wife went up a week early and my father-in-law and I flew up on Thursday night. Nothing like a good solid day of bonding with your father-in-law to last at least a year. Don't get me wrong, I get along great with my in-laws. Condsidering some of the girls I've dated and their families, I couldn't really get much better in-laws. I'm sure anyone would agree, a day with the in-laws is fine but not an experience you'll be looking forward to repeating soon after. After flying from Chattanooga to Des Moines we were charged with driving two hours south to where the rest of the family lived. Needless to say I was pretty beat when we finally got to a bed. The trip was good, we had good food, good time spent with the family, I even have a cousin that drinks just as much rum as I do so over two nights we split a large bottle of Captain Morgan's Tattoo. No better way to make your inlaws tolerable than sailing with the Captain I can assure you. The big excitement was the tornado chasing we did. My hot wifes Uncle is a firefighther and keeps a pager on since he's always on call. We were out looking at some farm land and he got a call about a tornado sighting when they gave the location her aunt screams "HOLY SHIT WE WERE JUST THERE!!!" Sure enough, we'd just crossed over the interstate and were about two miles from it. A quick turnaround and we spotted it. It was just a cold funnel so it never touched the ground, but I'll post a picture of it later this week. At the time it was pretty exciting. We broke the trip home in to two days since it was about 14 hours. Two days in a car with the in-laws and I'm again good to go on quality time with the in-laws for a while.

Now for things to come. Not much exciting going on here. Our neighbors are celebrating their third wedding anniversary today so congrats to them. Currently, the other rum runner and I are planning to blow up my old cell phone. Verizon has been nice enough to agree that my current phone is a steaming pile of shit, but won't allow us to purchase new phones at a reasonable price. I tried to buy a new razor last month and they informed me that I had to wait until September 31st to get a new phone, but I was welcome to buy that razor for $600. The unleashing of profanity was hard to withhold from them for such an offer but I managed to since the wife was with so I refrained. Anyway, a proper send off is in the works for this sad excuse for a phone. My current plan involves Rum, a potato gun, the neighbor (with likely a lit cigarette), explosives such as cherry bombs or something comparible, ether, and more rum. Needless to say the countdown is on (see left) to the mass destruction of the cell phone. Don't worry, we'll document it the best we can with pictures and videos as best we can. I'd hate for anyone to miss the opportunity to see destruction of a cell phone on this level. Currently, the plans are drawn out on some poster board much like Wiley E. Coyote trying to catch the Roadrunner. This will take some serious planning and a few trial runs, but I think we can make it happen.

Sorry for the long post, that's all that is new here. I hope everyone else is still alive and well and I'll try to keep blogging a little more regular now that work has slowed down a bit.

2 Comments:

Yeah sorry I was out of town. We'll have to meet up another time.

You probably don't want to hear that I got a Razer...for Free...and another motorola for free as well. :) Just wait until your current plan is up and then it works out pretty good. At least it did up here!
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 8:12 AM  
It's cool, we'll meet up at some point I'm sure.

The plan ends on the 31st of this month so the phone gets blown up and replaced in less than 30 days. I'm excited.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 8:57 AM