Monday, September 11, 2006

Movie Review - The Illusionist


Odds are if your nickname isn't Hooters, you haven't heard of this movie. I saw the preview, and I urge you to go to here and do the same before you read this review. The preview looks cool. Sure, it's a love story. But, it's a love story with Jessica Biel and Ed Norton. They're such an unlikely couple, but both good actors. I think they pull off the movie just fine, but it's slow. A little boring, and a little predictable. Me and the Hot Wife went to see it with Mia Wallace and Silent M. I really wanted to see it, but I can tell you not to waste your time. The movie sucked a steaming bowl of elephant piss. Picture a little bit of Romeo and Juliet with some David Copperfield type tricks, and of course....Yeah...I'm a fan. My personal favorite Biel movie would have to be Blade: Trinity because well...it is. She's pretty hot in that movie. This one she stays mostly covered up. Trust me, had she been at least a little naked, I would have told you to see this movie. Pretty much everyone involved has done better flicks. For Biel, it's a step up from Stealth (I think we all remember what a steaming pile of shit that was), and for Norton and Giamatti it's a step down from any of their works. In short, see something else. Not Crank, but something else.

In other news, I almost got a speeding ticket this weekend that I totally deserved, grilled some odd fish with the neighbors (and no rum was involved believe it or not), and saw a few more movies. I'll update with all that later this week, and hopefully plans for the weekend. I hope everyone else's weekend was as good as mine.

6 Comments:

You have no taste. I LOVED that movie. And the Pristige is gonna be good too.
posted by Blogger Jenn at 8:38 PM  
Well your review will keep me from seeing it...would have seen it, probably, if biel got naked or at least in some provocative clothing!

How does one almost get a speeding ticket?
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 8:14 AM  
Hooters - I have taste. This movie was bad. Really bad. Haven't heard of the Pristige, but if it's anything similar to this one I can wait four years for ABC to air it.

Chris - Nope, no provocative clothing, no underwear, no nothing. It's a good time to take a nap if it's playing to be honest with you. The speeding ticket story is moderately funny. I'll try to post again today.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 9:08 AM  
This movie works better than Sominex. At least it did for me.
posted by Blogger Rachel at 1:37 PM  
That's disappointing. We saw Jessica Biel in an interview about this movie and thought we might like it. OH well.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 10:12 AM  
Sorry Chas, it might be an okay rental but it's a pretty slow moving film. Pretty predictable and something about the two of them I just don't buy as a couple.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 12:43 PM