Thursday, March 22, 2007

Damn Straight I'm Scraight yo!

I've been really struggling to find motivation to work out again. The 300 review that no one read was pretty good motivation in and of itself but I don't need to tell you to go see it, because obviously everyone has seen it. Anyway. I changed the store hours late this semester so I could work out in the mornings and not have to go by at night when the gym suddenly turns in to a social club. The mornings are pretty quiet, a few regulars, none of us really speak. I've noticed this week this one black girl, maybe in her early 30's has been caught dancing on the treadmill, across the floor, in front of the free weights, wherever. It's funny, but no one says anything. That is until Papa Bear...a very very large black guy was working out yesterday. Papa Bear is the first member to speak to me since the addition of my MP3 player (bought specifically so people won't talk to me) so I pull out an ear piece and say hello. Most people just knod their heads, Papa Bear speaks. Fine. He obviously trains hard so I don't have to worry about him trying to make a lasting friendship in the middle of my workout. However, speaking in the locker room is still prohibited. So I got back to it as did Papa Bear. A few minutes later the dancing queen walks over and as usual I chuckle about it and go on. Then it gets dark around me. Because Papa Bear came over to say something. I pull out the ear phone and he's pointing at Dancing Queen laughing. "Biatch gettin down ain't she?" I laugh uncontrollably. I can't believe he just said that. She stops, looks at us, and walks over. "Supwitchall?" she asks. Her and Papa Bear must have been friends because he said "I's just aksin da man whatchu be doin gettin down like a biatch up in dis place fo." She says something as she's laughing and I say "Yeah, I guess I need whatever is in your MP3 player instead of what I have." So they ask "Whut da hell you be listenin to den?" So I let them listen. It's a mix of some 50 Cent, Kenny Wayne Shepard, Disturbed, Rob Zombie, Aerosmith, DMX, and a few other various artists. They flip through a minute, give each other an approving look and go "Damn nigga. You Scraight. You aiit." Then Papa Bear goes back to working out, and Dancing Queen of course dances off. So apparently, I'm not so bad. Now if I could only find the motivation to lose a few or 50 pounds I'd be in good shape.

4 Comments:

That's pretty funny! So are you training like a spartan? :) If you want to check out: http://www.gymjones.com

I'm trying to decide between Shoot and 300 this weekend. Perhaps both?
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 8:07 AM  
oh yeah...what Kenny Wayne Shepard? I thought I was the only one listening to him?
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 8:08 AM  
Shooter does look pretty good, but I can't imagine it being better than 300. I do want to see it though.

I think right now I've got Slow Ride on my MP3 player from Kenny. I've got a host of his other stuff at home (In Too Deep would be good on the workout mix too...) but I don't have a complete CD yet. Can't seem to find it all in one place.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 9:50 AM  
HAHAHAHA!!!! LOVE IT!!!!
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 2:07 PM