Tuesday, February 27, 2007

At long last...

The Dog house is finished. This was a pretty decent sized project. The directions were made for an experienced carpenter, not someone like myself. I like wood-working projects, and I like working with my hands, but I don't know that I'm very good at them. Big thanks to the assist from Dad on the roofing and siding, and big thanks to his friend...the other member of the Cardiac Carpenter Team for the donation of the siding.


If you're interested the house is built with 2X2 frames, boxed in with plywood and insulated with inch and a half house grade insulation. It's made to be able to put five inches of cedar chips in the bottom. I had to upgrade the size of the house because the one that would fit the dog we're getting has a weight limit of 100lbs. With any luck Tumbler will weigh 150lbs when he's full grown. The roof is roofed just like a regular house complete with shingles. I'm hoping this house will last the life of three or four dogs. If the pictures don't show you, we painted it navy blue and silver, we just like those colors and that's just how we roll.

A call to the dog breeder last night told us that puppies are due on March 13th. That should put a dog at our house (if we like these) the weekend after my birthday. Whoo hoo! We're pretty excited about it. If we end up not liking those guys, he's got six other pregnant females we can chose from. But the female on this one is the color we like so we will see. At any rate, lots to get done today so everyone enjoy your Tuesday. Heroes was badass last night as per the usual and I can't wait until next week.

3 Comments:

I'm so jealous of you getting a Bullmastiff. You'd better take a TON of pictures and post them up. My wife now wants some ankle biter that a Bullmastiff would think is an snack!
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 8:10 PM  
Heroes was heartbreaking last night! I can't wait to see where this is going.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 11:36 PM  
Chris - Not big on ankle biting dogs either. Not that they're not good dogs, but they're just not for big beefy guys like us. We'll post pictures...lots of them.

Chas - it was a little heart breaking. You have to wonder where it is going from here. Somehow this show just gets better every week and I get pretty mad when it ends.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 9:41 AM