Monday, February 19, 2007

Monday Movie Reviews

I keep telling myself every day that I'm going to blog about something...anything. The week comes and goes, and we're back to Monday Morning Movie Reviews. Oh well. This week...really, I'll blog more. I know both of you are dying to read my thoughts. On to todays Movie Reviews!

Marie Antoinette - Yeah, I just don't get it. My wife liked it, and since she's been hammered with school work I didn't mind watching it with her. I guess I just didn't get it. It seemed slow, repetitive, and pretty much uninteresting. I could tell you the summary but most of you probably already know her story. I guess it's true. I don't know. For guys if you want to know what Kirsten Dunst looks like naked you won't be too curious once this movie is over. No real nude scenes but she wears a lot of completely see through clothes. Certainly not worth renting the movie for. As far as filmography goes, it wasn't bad. Colors were pretty nice. I guess that is how France would have looked in 1798, but I don't know. The funniest part to me is that they were attacked at the end and of course ran...because that's what the French do. Anyway, skip this one until it comes on TV.

Ghost Rider -

Now this is my kind of movie. Nothing to think about, no horrible story lines, and hot women. It is based on a comic book that is pretty corny in and of itself, and the movie has some dialogue that you listen to and think "Wow...did they really just say that? That was pretty bad." Nicolas Cage is awesome per usual, and Eva Mendes....mmmm....


Yeah, she falls out of her clothes for most of the movie. My mother leaned over more than once to say "I'm sure they made that in her size." Yes Mom, I'm sure they did. But someone like me probably directed it and made sure he was in charge of Eva's Wardrobe....standing behind the camera yelling "CUT! More cleavage in this scene please! Eva...you're gonna have to lose another button on that shirt. I just can't see enough." Anyway, the movie is good, and worth seeing. Sam Elliott has a bit part in it and Peter Fonda plays the Devil. My mom thought it was hilarious because he was the Easy Rider. So I guess it has something for all ages. Pretty sure it just made me want a motorcycle even more. Maybe while it's still in theaters I'll go see it again but that's unlikely. At any rate, it's not X3, but it's better than Superman Returns.

That's it for now. I spent most of the weekend working on the dog house for the dog that won't arrive until May, but it's almost done. I'll have to post pictures of it because it's been quite the undertaking really. Should look good though. New Heroes tonight. Surely everyone is watching by now right?

5 Comments:

Eva Mendes is one of those actresses that I really try to see what everyone things is so gorgeous about her, but I just don't see it. To me, she has sort of a masculine face; I guess that's what turns me off. I guess you care more about the body :).
posted by Blogger Chastity at 10:40 AM  
I don't really see her face as masculine. I thought she was pretty in Hitch, in this movie she was just falling out of her clothes, or they were way too tight. Just out of curiosity, which Hollywood actress do you think is probably the most attractive?
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 6:54 AM  
I'm going to try and get the wife to see it this weekend. it's probably a good thing that she didn't read this review. If the girl is falling out of her clothes it isn't going to happen unless I go on my own.

Eva is hot...who isn't hot...I know there's some that I could come up with. I'll have to try and do that.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 9:56 PM  
Kate Winslet, Keria Knightley, Rachel Weisz, Catherine Zeta Jones and Angelina.

That's my top 5. =
posted by Blogger Jenn at 10:59 PM  
Jenn has a top 5? Wow!

Only one that I don't think is hot on her list is Keira. That girls needs to eat something. If she did that she'd be on my list for sure.

So my list might look something like:
Jessica Biel, Scarlett Johannsen, Eva, Charlize Theron, Rene Russo (her in Thomas Crowne Affair...!)
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 9:41 AM