Friday, November 05, 2004

13 To go...

So I called our boob of a landlord yesterday to tell him about his electrical problem before his rental property goes up in smoke, and as usual he didn't return my phone call. I figured as much, but he has no idea how happy I'll be once we're out of there. The wife said we wouldn't have to be moved out that weekend, but I'm tempted to sleep in the floor of the new house just to not stay in that dump anymore.

The weather has turned cold on us, and our dumplex isn't insulated worth a crap. I told my friend Jeff that it was hot in the summer and cold in the winter - no matter what the thermostat says. A look under the house proves that the insulation is hanging down. I thought about fixing it, but he's the landlord and he should probably be the one to fix it. Well, when I woke up this morning I could see my breath, and I hadn't gotten out of bed yet. I can only imagine how bad it's going to get before we leave. What's really sad is that I have to get in the car to warm up, and I drive a Jeep!

At any rate, 13 days to go.

3 Comments:

What? You don't like waking up and seeing your breath? Who'd of thought anyone would ever look to a Jeep for warmth.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 6:00 PM  
My point exactly. It's like driving a tent around during the winter. I hate winter.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 8:53 AM  
You need a winter car. Just some clunker that has an amazing heating system. Then it wouldn't be so bad.

I have something like that. He's called a husband!!
posted by Blogger Jenn at 11:23 AM