Monday, November 01, 2004

Netflix or Blockbuster?

Well, I had asked myself that question so I tried Netflix free for 30 days, and tried Blockbuster for 14 days. The verdict is that Blockbuster pretty much sucks. They say that their DVD's have a tracking system on it so when it's scanned by the Post Office they go ahead and ship your next DVD. I'll agree that since the postman on our street is a jackass, that probably takes it an extra couple of days so I can't totally blame Blockbuster. However, the crap about them being scanned is a bunch of hooey. It takes five days to get a movie turned around. Effectively, we'll have seen three movies from Blockbuster when my two week trial is up. I think we saw about 20 from Netflix in a 30 day trial. Netflix does have a turnaround place here in town so they're much faster. The closest one to us from Blockbuster is Livonia, Michigan. That'd be great if I lived in Motor City, but we live here in the scenic city.

Well, if you're thinking of trying out one of the two, I would recommend Netflix. Blockbuster probably has more movies, but it takes too long, and there seems to be a wait for everything. Netflix has their movies on hand, and are closer to us. If you live in Michigan, I think Blockbuster would probably be the way to go. If you live anywhere else in the world, I would recommend Netflix. Either way, check where their distribution centers are before you sign up as they do have them listed on their website. Just my thoughts...

3 Comments:

I'd probably give NetFlix a shot if I didn't literally live across the street from Blockbuster. Plus, I like the new DVD and 7 rentals for 30 bucks deal....mostly because I like getting the DVD when it comes out...speaking of, I get Shrek 2 tomorrow and I'm going to preorder Elf and Spiderman 2. If we ever movie I might try NetFlix.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 12:43 AM  
Netflix RULES!
posted by Blogger Jenn at 10:33 AM  
You can probably get a two week free trial of Netflix. I imagine your husband knows someone with a DVD burner so you could copy as many movies as you like within two weeks.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 8:55 AM