Wednesday, November 03, 2004

My hat is off to John Kerry.

The election day fiasco was over before lunch, and before it become a fiasco. I know I spent a lot of time on this blog slamming John Kerry. Now, I feel bad that I left out John Edwards because he's quite possibly the biggest boob to run for Vice President in the history of the world. At any rate, my opinion of Senator Kerry changed today. I figured he would pull an Al Gore and turn this in to a spectacle for weeks and even months to come. Instead he conceded and lost gracefully. I can respect that. John Edwards was such a failure that he even lost his seat, and lost his home state, and the one he represented. I guess it was just a matter of time before America realized he spent an hour on his hair and couldn't take him seriously. I have to say that Senator Kerry did lose gracefully, he bowed out appropriately, and goes on to fight another day. I did mention my opinion of him changed, but make no mistake I still wouldn't vote for him if we had a re-vote today. However, to John Kerry - my hat is off to you. It was very noble, and very respectable. For that, all of America is greatful.

2 Comments:

I felt the same way...he took it like a man. Too bad Edwards wife has cancer...tough to find that out on the day you find out you don't have a job anymore and your state is being taken over by the other team.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 12:45 AM  
No doubt. I don't guess you could be hit with anything worse than that, short of your house burning down, all in the same week. I'm sure now that I've said that Monday's breaking news story will be John Edwards house burning down.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 8:50 AM