Thursday, November 04, 2004

14 Days to go....

We close in 14 days, shortly you'll know why I'm counting down. My hot wife was using her curling iron this morning and it stopped working. She's upset because it's new. I'm watching the news and figured it was just one of those things - until I attempted to let her out of the garage. The garage door opener also not working, and I'm smelling something that smells like burning electrical wire. It would appear that my wifes curling iron tripped the circuit and a lot of the outlets in the house were then not working. So, I reset it opened the garage door only to have the stupid thing trip again after it raises up. I can tell this thing is really hot because I can smell it. The wife goes to work and I try to figure out what to do. I leave the circuit off figured anything that's powered up can't be worth burning the house down for. So I decided to do the neighborly thing (since our neighbor runs a day care out of their house) and tell them where the source of the fire is going to be should that craphole blow up while I'm gone. She just laughed and said "You know, our side is the same way. When it rains, none of the outlets inside work because they're all tied to the one outside. Once it gets wet, we can't plug anything in for days." Nice. I don't know if I've ever mentioned our three toed sloth of a landlord, but he's the absolute worst landlord I've ever even heard of. He's a bigger boob than John Edwards. Well, maybe not that bad, but he's up there. We called to tell him we were moving out, he didn't return our call. My wife still thinks we should clean up the place when we move out. If the light fixture in the kitchen wasn't from 1985 I'd take that just for the heck of it. Well, those are my frustrations for the day. I hope your Thursday is going well.

2 Comments:

Wow, I had alot of reading to do!!! For some reason I can never get your blog to update on my computer then I get like 4 posts!!

IM glad our guy one, and I am very proud of Kerry for bowing out. It was nice of him--plus your wife won the over under.. we were all set for the recount.

Slumlords suck, but Jen is right. If ya'll dont clean it'll come back to haunt you. I promise! Can't wait to see the new house!
posted by Blogger Jenn at 10:35 AM  
The thought of cleaning that house makes me sick. We had to use Garage Floor degreaser to get the carpet clean before we moved in. I don't know if I should consider that his fault, or the fault of the people that moved out. I've stayed in cleaner roach motels on a race weekend - so that's pretty bad.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 8:52 AM