Thursday, October 21, 2004

Physical Therapy, bumper stickers, and that guy on his cell phone in the left lane...

Well, today was day four. My physical therapist decided that because I was male I'm an egotistical maniac. She said this because the other day she hands me a pink weight to work out with. She of course refers to this as a Barbie weight - which is just about what it was, and it only weight one pound. No big deal, I've got to build strength around the damaged area of my arm and you have to start somewhere. So she asks me how I feel about working out with a pink weight, and I couldn't care less. She wanted to know if we had any free weights at home, and we do not. My wife and I had looked at them before we joined the Y, but unless it was something small (for a finger or forearm excersize), I wouldn't really work out with free weights at home. Then she tells me that I'm too proud to work out with small weights and I was mean to not buy my wife the weights she wanted. This makes me an ego-maniac. Of all the things I've been accused of being arrogant for - that's got to be the worst. It's not that I have a problem working out with light weights, or pink weights, unless I'm rehabilitating a muscle - I just don't have need. How many people do you see doing bicep curls or chest presses with one pound weights? Oh well, I'm done with therapy, but I'm not out of the woods yet.

I see this bumper sticker on my way to work today that was funny. It simply read "Welcome to America. NOW SPEAK ENGLISH." This was just funny to me. All the people I talk to from Canada or Mexico that refuse to speak English (knowing full well they can speak it fluently) should read this. Maybe I am an egotistical bastard, but I think if you're here, or need something from here - do it in our language. When we call outside of the US (at least here), we have someone that speaks that language. It's call courtesy. Perhaps I should learn to speak Arab so when John Kerry is running this country in to the ground, I'll be able to speak our new native language after he negotiates an unconditional surrender to the Taliban.

I wasn't running late this morning, but it still bothers me when you get one idiot that wants to drive five miles per hour under the speed limit in the left hand lane, and talk on his cell phone. Okay, in this day and age, people will always talk and drive and have no idea what's going on. Somehow, I feel they can do this in the left lane and not slow up traffic. This guy had no clue. I finally passed him, and then he decides he needs to speed up so no one can pass him. I make the pass anyway, and he decides it's a good idea to tailgate me. Okay, we've all read the story of David and Goliath, but seriously - if you're in a Pontiac Sunfire, why the heck would you tailgate a Jeep? The bumpers on this thing are lined with truck bedliner so they're almost impervious to damage. The last guy that tailgated and got close enough to hit me needs a new front bumper, and mine looks the same as it did minutes before he decided to hit it. So I figure, he's just being an ass and I speed up to about 10mph over the speed limit. He's still there. Knowing I can't outrun anything in my Jeep, I slow down to 5mph below the speed limit to return the favor. This infuriates him, so he gets closer. I decided this would be a good time to make sure the brakes are working properly...they are. The Sunfire attempted to hop the curb and got stuck. Funny, the people behind him didn't stop for him as they'd all tried to pass him with I did. He does roll down his window and give me the finger. Who is really at fault here? If he was in a hurry, he could have sped up, and not driven in the left lane that slow. Now, he's likely late and has a broken car. Another hard lesson learned I suppose.

8 Comments:

I guess they feel like badass rebels riding in the left lane. And some people will just not let you pass. Which is why I love my brother-in-law so much. He's a metro cop in Nashville and they call him the road nazi for a reason. He sees that crap and BAM you get a ticket. Yup. My buddy Doug is AMAZING!!
posted by Blogger Jenn at 3:58 PM  
I HATE TAIL GATERS!!!! Why do people take offense to someone passing them? I don't get it, but stuff like that happens all the time. You have more run ins than I thought was humanly possible...hilarious.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 12:36 AM  
You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
cash for cars mackay
cash for cars gympie
posted by Blogger Hazel Donovan at 3:36 AM  
Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
cash for cars melbourne
car removal brisbane
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 4:21 AM  
Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
cash for scrap cars gold coast
cash for cars ipswich
posted by Blogger Delight Car Removal at 4:58 AM  
Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
cash for cars sydney
cash for scrap cars sydney
posted by Blogger Hashtag Car Removal at 5:55 AM  
Thanks for sharing such a nice information. We provide a free cash quote over the phone and online.
cash for cars wollongong
posted by Blogger Car Removal NSW at 10:58 PM  
Great post and very informative post.
truck wreckers townsville