Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Garbage Day

Well, we've been cleaning out the house anticipating a move so we threw away so much stuff this weekend that the garbage can was full to the lid. I'm certain by now it's all been emptied in the ditch by our house by either the mailman, or the garbage man. I'm somewhat tempted to go home at lunch and see where it is, but it's raining and I don't feel like driving that far in the rain.

Speaking of rain, I went to day three of physical therapy this morning and it looks like I'm making some small gains, but I'm getting there. Another heavy duty electric shock with some catabolic steroids and I was out the door. Again - it's raining, and I'm watching someone who shouldn't have a license (with a John Kerry sticker on his car) attempt to park in a simple parking space. I'm standing under the awning watching this guy, who just can't figure out how to get between the lines. I'm only watching because of course it's my car he's parking next to. Even in the rain, I park as far away from civilization as possible. This guy, apparently sees this as the only place to park. Sure enough, he swipes his brush guard across my fender flare. So, I confront him. He says he didn't do anything - which there was no damage so maybe I shouldn't have said anything. Well, I told him what I thought about his lack of consideration and he didn't seem to care. After an exchange of words he asked if I wanted to fight about it so I walked over to him. His response "I've got an appointment I'm late for, or else I would." I told him I didn't expect much else from a John Kerry supporter so I tore the bumper sticker off his truck and threw it at him. The onlookers thought it was pretty funny. By this time I was soaked so I went on about my day.

Well, the good news is we found a house. The better news is we close on Nov 18th. The bad news is - we have to pack! Oh well, I suppose I'll get all new garbage men, and mail men to argue with. I'll get to work out at the Y across town so I'll have all new people to deal with. Boy, won't this be fun?

4 Comments:

The Y is darn expensive I found out recently...I don't know how anyone affords it. I live near the North River Y and would like to go there, but I just can't make myself pay that kind of money. If I join it'll have to be World Gym, which I belive, now that Powerhouse shut down, is about the cheapest in town. Good luck with your new house; I hope you two are very happy with the purchase!
posted by Blogger Chastity at 11:59 PM  
Chasity if you just want to workout go to Curves. I did it before I got pregnant and I LOVE it!!!

And Patrick you know you can't wait to get a whole new set of people to harass!!
posted by Blogger Jenn at 9:20 AM  
Jenn, I can't believe you would say that. Do I look like an antagonist? Nonsense - it's all just a big misunderstanding.

Chastity, if I was you I'd stay as far away from Powerhouse as possible. I worked out there when it was Cosmos Fitness and it's all a bunch of roid heads that act like they've never seen a woman before. I was in there one morning when a girl came in that was in great shape, and you would have thought she'd walked into the guys locker room in a state prison. I've got a friend in town that's a personal trainer that could probably help you out. She works out in Brainerd, but it might be worth your time if you want me to hook you up with her. They're also opening a Sports Barn somewhere near the Hixson Y that's supposed to be a little cheaper, but they're a little too much for me.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 10:45 AM  
How wonderful that you found a house!!

Congratulations :)
posted by Blogger Sprinkles at 3:22 PM