Monday, October 18, 2004

Weekend Movie Update

Okay, so Netflix was nice enough to drop off a couple of movies for us this week. One of them was so bad, I don't even want to talk about it. The other two were Walking Tall, and About a Boy. I really really liked Walking Tall. It was short (almost too short), and had enough action, and storyline to keep you going. It was also based on a true story, so you can see that the plot line is somewhat true. Some of the Rock's other movies are a little far fetched (see The Rundown if you get really really bored), but this was good. Good enough to the point that I'm going to buy a copy rather than burn a copy of that one.

About a Boy I slept through a large part of it because I don't like Hugh Grant. I haven't liked him since he cheated on Elizabeth Hurley. I'm sure there is more to the story than I know, but I can't imagine someone dating Elizabeth Hurley and needing to pay someone for sex. I don't really see the need in paying for sex, but to each their own. You'd have to ask my wife her opinion on About a Boy. I would have watched it just because Rachel Weisz was in it, but the Hugh Grant factor was too much.

All in all, we had a good weekend. Auburn beat Arkansas 38-20, but my driver blew a tire and crashed after leading 250 laps so that sucked. Outside of the race, I can't complain.

2 Comments:

Come on, you gotta tell me what the really bad movie was...you know, so I don't waste my time.

I used to have a problem w/ Hugh Grant too, and it actually did have something to do w/ him cheating on Liz Hurley, just thought he was disgusting after that. Anyway, I just loved Mickey Blue Eyes, so I've liked him ever since.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 10:18 PM  
Sorry, I don't even want to say the movie aloud. Then people would have to know I saw it. It showed up on Netflix because I've rated 842 movies now, so I guess they'd run out of stuff for me. It was a low budget movie that was among the worst I'd ever seen. I promise, you will probably never run across it and go "Ohh, this looks good."
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 10:30 AM