Wednesday, April 05, 2006

10 Year Reunion

I can't believe it's been 10 years, I really can't. So much has changed that it's not even funny. I remember my high school network of friends and how we thought we'd always be friends and most of them I haven't seen in years. There were four of us that we'd call friends. We had a following or clique of our own I guess, but we were the Outsiders and not the in crowd. Our crew consisted of Matt the party guy, Thomas the pathological liar, Daniel the spoiled rich kid, me the asshole, and Jeff the smart one. Since 96 a lot has changed. No one has seen or heard from Thomas in years, Matt still has the focus of drinking and scoring college girls, Daniel is still living off his parents money, I'm still an asshole, and Jeff is still the smart one. In my world, Matt, Thomas, and Daniel have been replaced with Mike, and I still have Jeff. It's hard to say why we lost touch, but I'm looking forward to the reunion to see where everyone is now. For about two years Matt and Daniel lived less than a mile from my house and in that two years I saw Jeff more than I saw them. Daniel had the nerve some years later to say out loud to someone that he couldn't believe I asked Jeff to be in our wedding and not him because Jeff had turned his back on all of us. No Daniel, you turned your back on us because you're a dick. You always have been we just put up with it for a while. Now we don't have to. So 10 years later I've still got my two best friends, Jeff and Mike. Jeff and I are both married to insanely hot women, and all of us seem to be happy with where we are and where we're headed. It's funny how life takes its turns, but I promise you I wouldn't trade my life for anyones. As for the reunion, Jeff told me he wasn't going but I think he should reconsider. I think it would be a fun afternoon and we could host you guys at our house for a few days. I would say it would be like old times, but it won't be. It will be like current times, old times are gone and all we can do is laugh about them and hope that in 10 more years we're still close enough to have this argument about out 20 year reunion.

5 Comments:

"Still has the focus of drinking and scoring college girls." wait...are you trying to tell me that the urge to do my two favorite things goes away? What the hell would I do? Study and learn something, are you insane?
/Mike
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 7:03 PM  
No, of course not Mike. The problem here is that he's now very large and has no chance of scoring college girls. With all due respect to Tiffany, I think it's a much easier goal for you. That and you don't suck.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 9:45 PM  
Yeah I've been hearing about my 10 year reunion for a few months now. I'm not going to make it (Trip to San Fran is the same time) which isn't that much of a disappointment really. Yeah I'd like to see some high school buddies, but I'm not even sure they'd be there.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 9:40 AM  
When I was in HS I always thought the reunion would be so fun. Now that I'm one year away from my 10 year I don't really know if it would be all that fun. I can't think of one single person I want to spend the evening talking to...it's kind of sad.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 1:11 PM  
Chas, I can see your point. I went to high school with a graduating class of less than 70, but again I don't know that I could make a complete evening out of talking to everyone there.

Chris - I know what you mean. One of my best friends from high school graduated the year after I did and I haven't heard from him in years. I'd like to see him again but I can't even find him in a phone book.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 8:50 AM