Wednesday, March 22, 2006

2005 Oscar Pics

Okay, so these are long overdue and I'm sure you have all had a hard time sleeping at night wondering when Chris and I were going to post our pics for the 2005 Oscars...as they should have been of course.

Best Picture: Raul's Pick - Star Wars Episode III, runner up Batman Begins Chris Pick – Batman Begins
Best Drama: Raul's Pick - Walk the Line Runner Up Brokeback Mountain (but only because my wife liked it so much. I still haven't seen it) Chris Pick – Constant Gardener
Best Director: Raul's Pick - George Lucas, Star Wars Episode III Chris Pick - Andrew Adamson, The Chronicles of Narnia
Best Action Flick: Batman Begins We agree!
Best Superhero Flick - Raul's Picks - Batman Begins, Runner Up - Sin City Chris Pick – Batman Begins, Runner up – Fantastic Four
Best Comedy - Wedding Crashers, Runner Up Chris's Pick – The Pacifier
Best Actor in a Guy Flick - Christian Bale Batman Begins We agree!
Best Actor overall - Joaquin Phoenix Walk the Line Chris Can’t think of one for this one!
Best Actress overall - Reese Witherspoon Walk the Line Chris Can’t think of one for this one!
Best Actress in a Topless Scene - Barbara Nedeljakova – Hostel Chris Pick – Can’t think of one…so I’ll be watching Hostel!
Movie You Shouldn't Waste Your Time On - Raul's Pick - King Kong Christian's Pick – History of Violence
Best Mindless Action Flick - Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Runner Up – Dukes of Hazzard, We agree!
Best Actress in a Mindless Action Flick (who also should have been
topless) - Jessica Alba, Sin City – Angelina Jolie – Mr. and Mrs. Smith (although the leather was pretty hot!), Runner Up – Jessica Simpson, Dukes of Hazzard
Best Actor in a Mindless Action Flick - Mickey Rourke Sin City
Movie You Should Have Paid to See In Theaters - Raul's Pick - Star Wars Episode III
Christian's Pick – Batman Begins
Movie That Should Have Had More Topless Scenes - Dukes of Hazzard
Best Revenge Movie - Raul's Pick - A History of Violence Chris Pick - Domino
Best Thriller - Hostel
Best Animated FilmMadagascar We Agree!

Christian's Movie He Couldn't Think of a Good Award for but likedSahara

Raul's Movie He Couldn't Think of a Good Award for but liked - Lord Of War

4 Comments:

I've Created a category on my blog that will allow me to keep track of all the movies I've seen in the past year! That will make things easier! :) (new name by the way!)
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 9:39 PM  
The Pacifier for funniest movie of the year???? Must not have been much to choose from. In my book it ranks right up there with Daddy Daycare and Cheaper By the Dozen.

I agree about Sahara though...loved that movie!
posted by Blogger Chastity at 10:26 AM  
I didn't see any of those movies Chas. Daddy Day Care and Cheaper by the Dozen just looked dumb to me. I heard the Pacifier was funny but haven't seen it yet.

Christian, do you get the idea that we enjoy these much more than anybody else?
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 11:27 AM  
Patrick...The Pacifier is funny, don't get me wrong..you should see it. Daddy Daycare is also pretty darn funny, though I put off seeing it until it came on TV because I thought it'd be really bad; it ended up making me laugh. Cheaper By the Dozen is just OK, good for a couple of laughs.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 5:52 PM