Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Have to share this one...

Not much happening today but I have to share this with someone. The building next door to us has probably been vacant for 10 years. The landlord is working on straightening it up because inside that place is a wreck. A few weeks ago some dry cleaners started moving in and he had crews working overtime to get that place ready on time. They didn't so it's half done and his potential clients went somewhere else. People come by all the time and want to know if I own it and how can they rent it. Seriously, we get people by here all the time with a business idea or something. It's not a bad building, and he did just put siding on it so it looks really good. Today a girl comes in that looks about like she's 18...maybe. Very petite girl with skin tight jeans, skin tight shirt, clear heals, bleached hair and odd looking make-up and tatoos on her arms, lower back and neck. What was really unusual about this girl is the number of hickeys on her neck. I counted six on one side and three on the other. These things were huge and it looked like she'd done it with a vacuum cleaner. So she asked the usual and I asked what she was going to be doing if she rented it. She gave me a funny look and I expected to hear coffee shop, hair salon, the usual. She said "Um, I'm gonna open a Lingerie Shop and I've had problems finding someone that will rent me a building with the stuff I want to sell. I'm...uh...gonna sell stuff besides lingerie though so it's cool." Wow. To think, I could have an adult lingerie store right next door. That's it for todays excitement.

10 Comments:

Sex equipment more like. Your loss.
posted by Blogger Jenn at 2:43 PM  
Who'd have thought someone who'd want to run a store like that would wear clear heels ;).
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 3:38 PM  
Yeah, the clear heels blew me away. I'm pretty sure the landlord won't rent to her either. I'm really hoping one of the girls that wanted to open a coffee shop will come through. That would be nice.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 5:23 PM  
I think Mr. Cameron who owns Loca Luna has the kinky sex lingere business locked up tight here in Chattanooga. No pun intended on the "locked up" or "tight".
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 10:24 PM  
You could be right, but my store isn't in Chattanooga. As much as that wouldn't bother me to have next door, I have a feeling the convenience store, the day spa and the pizza place all near us might have issues. Well, maybe not the day spa. So do you frequent the Loca Luna Rob?
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 8:30 AM  
Haha. No, I do not. I saw an interview with the owner in the Pulse last year. And I was laughing at him because here is some guy from New York who tries to open something this edgy in the heart of the Bible belt. Last year I said I'd give him 6 months tops of business before he folds. Well, the joke's on me because he's still here.
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 4:13 PM  
Yeah, I can't imagine how that's stayed as long as it has, but who knows. Maybe there is an untapped market for that sort of thing down here. I can only imagine the kind of resentment he must feel from people (probably worse than a guy who undercuts the campus prices) but if he's anything like me he'll make it work just to be a thorn in their side.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 4:51 PM  
It would definetly add a new aspect to the small community you have going there. Habib on one side and "lingerie" on the other side.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 7:57 AM  
YAY for whips and chains... er. How dare they!!! ~ The secret mentality of repressed Daltonians.
posted by Blogger Jenn at 8:58 AM  
I would laugh so hard at Habib shopping there. I'm not sure why, it would just be funny as hell.

Jenn - I knew you were a freak.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 12:17 PM