Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Great Mexican Walkout

So, did anyone else notice how the country survived on Monday? Yeah, we're fine. No thanks to thousands of illegal aliens that decided not to work one day this week. I'm confused as to their message really. They want to be in this country illegally, and not work. Is that pretty much it? Personally I think we should have used that as a great opportunity to round up everyone that didn't have a green card or a work visa and cart them right back to Mexico. Realistically they were a huge target and we didn't capitalize. I think the walk out was the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. I think Mike and I are going to go rob a bank this week and say we don't want to be prosecuted and want more rights to the money because...well because if we don't we'll sing the national anthem in spanish. The good news is that on CNN and Fox News this morning it was gone from the headlines. I just wish we'd capitalized a little more.

Spring classes are ending at school and Summer buyback is in progress. Today I have some help but yesterday I did not and it was busy until I went home. Today looks to be more of the same so I'd better get to it. Have a good wednesday everybody!

4 Comments:

Yeah, I agree, the walkout thing has to be one of the stupidest things I've every heard of.

I used to dread the lines for buy back soooo bad, but I was always banking on the money to help buy my new books. I would HATE to be the one working there at this time of year. I imagine people get pretty ticked when you can't buy back a book they bought brand new last semester b/c it has a new issue or something.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 6:33 PM  
The buyback lines are bad, but it's not too bad at our store because we have two people doing buybacks. The campus store only has one. Sucks to be them. New issues are a killer and now it's every 12 - 18 months that a new one comes out. It's just nerve racking because these people stay with an old edition until another new edition comes out, then they go from the 14th to the 16th edition because they're behind. Honestly I despise these people. They're too stupid to run a college store much less an entire college.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 7:41 PM  
By the way your "Barney's Blog" link doesn't work
posted by Blogger Jenn at 4:47 PM  
I don't know if it was a result of the "walkout" or not, but I did notice that traffic was a lot less on that day. made me wonder how many illegals are driving around without liscenses.

Best of luck on the buy back this year.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 8:11 AM