Tuesday, July 18, 2006

RumRunners hit Indy


Work has been busy this week so posting has been mostly out. Yesterday out of nowhere 30 cases of books were dropped off unexpectedly. Honestly I was expecting them to be here next week, and if nothing else they usually call to let us know that they're coming. By they, I mean the freight company. They just showed up yesterday morning with a lot of books. I'm guessing more will show up this week, but we will see. Anyway, Saturday night we took our neighbors to see the Firestone Indy 200 in Nashville. We had two extra tickets and they just happened to be a fan of Indy racing. As big of a Nascar fan as I've been in life, I'm going to have to say they suck. This is a much better kind of racing. I would love to get more in to this sport. Currently we're considering going to the race in Kentucky as well. At any rate, it was a good race, a good show, and a good day out at the track. They also have something that Nascar doesn't have...

Need I say more? I didn't think so.

After smuggling rum in to the movie theater as any good pirate would do, the neighbor and I decided that just wasn't good enough. We need to find every venue that doesn't allow rum and somehow find a way to sneak it in. After Indy, I think we need to take it to the next level. We load up the cooler with the appropriate amount of Cokes and Captain Morgan Tatoo. When we hit the gate and they inspect the cooler this fat bastard tells us we have to open the cooler for inspection. Seriously, if I was going to bring something in that's contraband, is this guy really going to stop me? No. Not really. I don't care how much pro-rasslin this fat turd watches, he's not going to stop anyone. Anyway, he finds the rum in the cooler and says "Uh...that thar wine ain't goin in. It's gotta go." Being the antagonistic asshole not to be denied of my rum at a kick ass sporting event, I said "That's good for us because we don't have any wine," and I proceeded to close the cooler and walk in. I was of course greeted by a triple extra large security shirt and a very sweaty "You can throw them in the garbage, but you can't take them in." I looked at him and said "Jesus man, this is rum. It's not wine! So what's the score here...where do we stand?" He insisted that we throw the rum away or he wouldn't let us in. So we agreed that we'd take it back to the car. We turned the corner, stuffed the 10 miniature bottles of rum in the many short pockets we had between us and walked in. I think this guy has the memory span of a goldfish because we walked right past him with the same cooler and he of course didn't remember us. The race was good, and much better with rum...as all things are.

So does anybody have any ideas on the next place to smuggle rum? Perhaps we should start a contest and see who can find the hardest place to sneak in rum, and see if we can actually do it. I've heard rumor that Hooters is coming back in town this weekend so we might have to make a smuggling to the movie theater to see Pirates of the Caribbean again. That's all I have for now. Lots of work to get done today.

1 Comments:

Danica is a good reason to watch the racing. I think there's also some pit girls as well that are pretty easy on the eyes!
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 8:21 AM