Thursday, July 06, 2006

Back from Waco

Well we made it home safe and sound at about 3:30 Wednesday morning. Waco was a lot of fun, and visiting the brother-in-law and his girlfriend was fun too. We saw the Waco Zoo, drank a lot of rum on 6th Street in Austin, drank tequila by the apartment pool, and I even toured the Baylor University bookstores while we were there. Not much to see really since none of the five are independant. Oh well. Airport security was fun. I haven't flown since like 1993 so I was in for a treat. I kept having to tell myself that anything I said would likely get me detained. I decided I'd sport my new Chaco's since my Dad told me I'd have to take my shoes off nine times. While walking through airport security, my hot wife decided she wouldn't really have to take her shoes off since they were sandals. She sports new Chaco's as well. I walked through the metal detector and this 400lb woman looks back at the hotness of my wife in her fashionable Chaco's, honest to God she raises a hand and snaps her finger and yells "Erboday who don't be takin day shoooz off, WILL be subject to addishunal secrurity insprections! No Erxcepshuns!" I was laughing inside, and maybe a little on the outside, but I wasn't sure what to laugh more at, the fact that the security woman was snapping her fingers and threatening to take my wife in to custody, or the fact that my wife had to take off rubber sandals to go through a metal detector. There are plenty of good stories from the week to share and I'll post pictures once we pull them off the camera. As a preview, we saw the Waco Zoo, Austin's famous 6th Street where I got a fake tattoo that I'm considering making permanent, got a tour of the Branch Davidian site (they really don't like the words compound or cult) from a real cultist (good pictures on that one to follow), and took time to see the Dallas Aquarium free of charge. Other than that, lots of tequila and rum were consumed and we took time out one night to see the movie Cars. Good flick by the way. I know that no Fourth of July celebration is complete without Fireworks, and lucky us after our flight was delayed four hours we got to see some fireworks shows as we were flying over Dallas. Not much else happening, just wanted to let you guys know we were home safe and everything is back to normal for the most part.

4 Comments:

Welcome back! Didn't know you guys were also taking off for a vacation.


I consumed to much Jameson's Irish Whiskey and Tequila...time to detoxify! Oh and I ATE way to much as well.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 4:05 PM  
I always eat too much, so I know how you feel. I'm detoxifying as we speak. Water is my friend.

Yep, that's the first vacation I've had in a couple of years now so it was pretty fun.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 4:14 PM  
You haven't flown since 1993!?!

I can see why the lady made such a big deal about Jen taking her shoes off...I mean, she looks like your typical terrorist right? :)
posted by Blogger Chastity at 10:50 AM  
Yeah, I guess if I was a terrorist I would dress like my wife too. Why not? I haven't flown since 93, and I think I get to fly three or four times this year. First Waco, then Iowa, then maybe Vegas.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 11:55 AM