Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

Well I hope everyone had a Happy New Year and you've all made your New Years resolutions. I'm still working on mine, but one of them for sure is to blog more. I spent the break I took in December thinking of things I can post that would make for a good 2007. After watching a bunch of movie trailers in my time off I've decided that 2007's reocurring post will be Movies You Do Not Need to see in 2007. Most of them will likely be movies they shouldn't have made either, but I'll be sure to let you know what not to see in case the trailer lies to you. And as usual I'll provide you with a list of movies you NEED to see in 2007, and at some point in the near future I'll review the best of 2006 that you should have seen.

At any rate, the hot wife and I hosted our first New Years party and it was a success. We had five or six couples around the house and I thought the best idea would be to play Battle of the Sexes. For all the attending guys, I was right. The women unfortunately did not fair so well. The game is fun, there are a few cards that were actually wrong so when the right answer was given we threw the card to the side with the intent of writing these people so they'd know their mistake. Anyway, the guys won both games. The second one wasn't even a contest. The guys drew a wild card when we were just shy of half way that sent us back to the beginning and we still came back and won. Brutal I tell you. Somehow none of us ended up sleeping on the couch that night. The next game that is always a bad idea to break out is the Newlywed game. Not everyone at the party was married, including Mike and Tiffany, and they were winning for most of the game. Unfortunately Mike had a cold of some sort and had to leave so they forfeited their lead. Otherwise, they would have won...and of course all of us wondered when they left how they would have answered questions in the last round. I guess we may never know...but the speculation might actually be funnier than their answers.

That's it for now, again I hope every had a wonderful New Years Eve and I wish everyone the best for 2007. Currently I'm preparing for the Book Rush so blogs will be scarce for a week or two...but I promise I'll try.

8 Comments:

I had fun playing the newlywed game. Always happy to try and kick it up a notch. Sorry we left early, but I was just sick as hell.

/Mike
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 4:55 PM  
Smokin Aces is a need to see.

Good to see you around!
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 8:46 PM  
Jason usually says that that game is biased b/c he thinks that the guy questions are questions that everyone knows and the girly questions are questions no one knows.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 11:23 PM  
I had heard that before we played too, but the girls thought it was the other way around. Some of the guy car questions are not right. The funny part is that two of the guys playing are firefighters and certified medics. There were a lot of birth questions that when asked the girls laughed because they didn't think we'd know. Those two blew through those like nobody's business. It's a fun game.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 9:14 AM  
I would rather play poker. :)

I never had been very good at trivia type games anyway.
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 11:40 PM  
I always end up with the girl questions that not even the girls know anything about...ugh.

Although I have had my revenge as of late on Trivia stuff. :)
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 9:50 PM  
IB - I'm not very good at Poker so I guess you and I help keep the balance.

Chris - Revenge on trivia stuff? Sounds like a new post.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 10:12 PM  
I never said I was good at poker. I only said I would rather play. :)
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 11:39 PM