Monday, April 02, 2007

Lost and Found

Well, I called the gym today and they officially canceled my membership. Considering the runaround they gave Mike and Tiffany, I was certain this would be an ongoing saga. So, with the internet down at work all day today, I worked on cleaning up the store and thinking. Not too many people today but a lot of phone calls so plenty of time to think. My homey Chris in Iowa got me thinking over the weekend about this Crossfit stuff and I've been reading their website and watching videos like who would have thought it. So I decided today would be the day I started. No more fooling around, or waiting until something else rolls around...today was it. And it was. The workout was hard...

100 Pull-ups
100 Push-ups
100 Sit-ups
100 Squats

So I cut it in half. There is no way I'd be able to get out of bed tomorrow after doing 100 of all those things in the basement (yes, strangely the house we bought came with a pullup bar), much less get up the stairs. I just finished and am drinking a protein shake with my head pounding so hard I think it might explode. I can honestly say that even at half of that it was the hardest workout I've ever done. So, hopefully in addition to all the enlightenment I bring you on this blog, I'll be able to transform before your eyes from a fat tub of shit to the fit killing machine I was in college. Here is to a good Monday friends.

2 Comments:

Congrats on your new work out work ethic!!
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 11:44 AM  
Keep at it. You'll be doing those workouts in no time.

I think I'll be giving this one a try in awhile...well at least 1/4 or 1/2 like you did! My pull-ups suck!
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 8:07 AM