Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Pirates and the Puppy

Well, Thursday night we went and saw the midnight show of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. I should warn you if you haven't seen it that this movie is just shy of three hours long. It's a good movie, gives some closure...and of course leaves itself wide open for Pirates four. It's slow at times, there are a few scenes that could have been left out and no one would have cared. I did read later that there was one deleted scene that would have made me a lot less mad, but Disney has already said it will be on the DVD. If I told you what it was, it would ruin a lot of the movie for you so if you've seen it, e-mail me and I'll tell you. It makes the part of the movie that I found to be utterly stupid not suck. Anyway, if you liked the first two, this one is good as well. I think I still like the first one the best, but this one is good for the trilogy.

Alas, the new puppy is home! And I don't have a single picture with me at work that I can show you. We picked him up on Friday afternoon and brought him to his new home. He weighed in Saturday morning at the vets office at 4.1lbs, but they assured us he would get bigger. I have no doubt that one day he'll be a very big dog. We spent some time at the breeders house on Friday because they forgot we were coming and we waited around an hour before anyone showed up so we got some pictures of both the parents and some of the other dogs. All of them are actually really well behaved dogs so if this dog is any indicator, it will be a huge but well behaved dog. If I get a chance when I get home tonight we will post pictures of him and his family.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!