Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Spider-man 3

Believe it or not, the hype surrounding this movie got me really uninterested. I had almost forgotten that it came out. Were it not for my lovely wife, we might have missed it. I guess I would have caught it eventually but early last week she said "Have you gotten tickets to see Spider-man 3 yet?" It dawned on me that I had not...and I loved the other two so missing this one was not an option. The reason I'm getting burned out on these is because of the actors in them. Short of James Franco, they all whine about having to be in them. Tobey especially. He whined about not wanting to do the second one because the stunts hurt his back and he didn't want to hang upside down and make out with Kirsten Dunst. Bitch. Seriously, if someone from Sony Pictures reads this, I will do Spider-man 4 for free. I'll do whatever stunts that need to be done, regardless of the risk of personal injury, and make out with whatever leading lady you throw at me. All for the bargain basement price of nothing. Just hook me up with a nutritionist and a personal trainer for a few months to make sure I do the suit justice, and I'm in. God, I hope someone from Sony Pictures reads this.

At any rate, I liked the movie pretty well. The second one was a little more action packed, and this one was a little more character driven. It felt longer than it was, which to me means they tried too hard, or something didn't come together in time and they put it out anyway...or it could just be bad editing. The venom and Sandman characters were pretty cool, but they tried to make you have sympathy for the bad guys, and of course Spider-man was struggling with his own demons so he was a bad guy at times. The dumbest part of the movie was when he was dancing down the street. He might have actually been a worse dancer than me, but maybe that's the point...since he is supposed to be a science dork. I liked it, but I'd probably give it a matinée rating instead of the $8.50 that admission was. The fight scenes, though few and far between are pretty cool, and though it's heavy with CGI, you don't really get that feel. At least I didn't. My wife doesn't like comic book movies near as much as I do, but she liked 300 and I think she liked this one. It's probably one she'd watch with me as a rental, but if I hadn't drug her to the theater she wouldn't have gone on her own. I give the movie three out of five stars...maybe three and a half with the others being an easy four stars.

Up next is Pirates...I can't wait...because the day after Pirates, we go get Tumbler. Seventeen days and counting yo!

4 Comments:

I'm there with you. I'll play your side kick or something like that.

Your right on the head with character driven.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 8:00 AM  
Sidekick is it...but only one of us gets to make out with Jessica Alba.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 4:55 PM  
I don't know man...that might be a deal breaker. :) Alba would need a sidechick of some sort!
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 8:45 PM  
I can see the plot thickening now...
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 8:09 AM