Friday, September 10, 2004

How to pimp your ride on a budget, and why Katie Couric shouldn't be allowed to interview anyone important.

So I'm headed home this morning from my daily trip to the YMCA. I notice a Ford Tempo sitting at the light with plastic spinners on them. I'm not sure how many of you know what spinners are, but it's a hub cap with a second layer that rotates freely so it looks like the wheels are still turning when the car stops. I felt bad, but I had to ask this guy where he got his budget spinners. Of course, the local Auto Zone carries them, for around $20 each. I would have to say, that is the best way to pimp your ride on a budget that I have ever seen. Seriously - if my Jeep would pull those off I would have a set of them. When I think of pimping my ride, I always think about the best way to save money with it. Okay, I'm kidding. That was the stupidest looking thing I've seen all day, and this retard thought I was paying him a compliment. He even said that everyone liked them and it really set the car off. I was thinking we should set it on fire, but that shows we didn't agree on more than one thing.

I was watching the news this morning when I got home, and I honestly believe Katie Couric shouldn't interview anyone of importance ever again. She was interviewing Dr. Condoleeza Rice this morning and she asked about Vice President Cheney's comments the other day about choosing the wrong candidate. For the uninformed, our VP said that if we made the wrong decision on November 2nd we could be subject to more attacks. Obviously this is because Senator Kerry is an anti-war moron that would instantly downsize our military and surrender on all fronts to anyone that threatened us. We'd be worse than the French! So, Katie asks Dr. Rice what she thinks about it, and Dr. Rice very politely responded in a generic manner that I think the rest of the world meant she wasn't going to comment on it, and that Mr. Cheney had clarified himself in the Chicago Tribune yesterday morning. Not only does Katie keep forcing the issue, she actually said "It almost sounds like Vice President Cheney is trying to keep people from voting for John Kerry." REALLY? This is such a new thing. I mean, people on opposite sides of a political campaign trying to sway voters away from the other party? I'm shocked! The more Dr. Rice tried to opt out of it, the more Katie forced the issue. Had I been in Dr. Rice's shoes, I'm sure I would have said "Katie, the Vice President doesn't encourage anyone to vote for John Kerry as that would put him out of office. Thank about this one!" So, I really can't imagine how Katie Couric didn't feel like an idiot because she made an ass of herself on TV. She'll probably vote for John Kerry, but he's an idiot too.

Have a good weekend - wish us luck on the house hunt.

6 Comments:

poor poor Katie :)

I don't bother watching the news any more, I just read your blog. It's far more interesting.
posted by Blogger Sprinkles at 10:33 PM  
Katie Couric seems like a nice enough person. However, she pulls stuff like this all the time. Also, if you get anyone conservative on there, she cuts them off and doesn't let them talk about any of their views on anything.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 5:53 PM  
Oh, I forgot to mention....plastic spinners?? I swear you had me going...I really thought you liked them for a minute. I can't even imagine them plastic, but I HATE them in any shape or form.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 5:54 PM  
Great minds think alike. I just blogged about those last week!

Good luck on the house hunting. You should be a political pundit. You and George Carlin or whatever the hell his name is could go at it. I would PAY to see that!
posted by Blogger Jenn at 1:11 PM  
George Carlin is funny, but he's been morbid ever since his wife died. I think I could take him.

I'm going to make sure both of my cars are sporting plastic spinners by the end of the week. Jennifer doesn't know it, but she's getting a set too!
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 4:51 PM  
That's grounds for an annulment (Catholics don't divorce ;-))

And you need to update. I haven't had a good laugh in a few days!
posted by Blogger Jenn at 11:49 AM