Tuesday, August 24, 2004

The Olympics, Janet Jackson, and Garbage Day

So, it's Tuesday here which means the Garbage man came by and dropped the garbage can into the ditch again. I swear, he's got a John Kerry sticker on his truck. Fitting don't you think?

I heard on the radio this morning that Janet Jackson is now saying that President Bush is using her Superbowl Boob Flash to take the country's mind of 9/11. Okay, I've seen reaching before but this I believe is going too far. I'm certain that the President didn't want to see her boob anymore than the rest of us did. It was certainly among the list of things I never wanted to see. I can't believe she's still trying to keep herself in the news with that crap. Maybe she's just trying to take our minds of her brothers scandals, or perhaps she just wants to make sure the Jacksons have a place in history as the most disfunctional family of all time. They certainly have my vote.

So, I'm watching the Olympics and I see Paul Hamm as the all around champion. Now, the Koreans have decided that they were scored incorrectly and that Paul Hamm should be stripped of his gold. You know, it's wonderful that they think that. It's great that they have the audacity to say it out loud, but it's over. Points don't come off a scoreboard in Football, Nascar races aren't changed when someone is found with an illegal carb or a pass below the yellow line, and Paul Hamm isn't going to lose his gold medal. I think Paul Hamm is the definition of a Champion. He's what these games are all about. We've all won and lost competitions. I played a church basketball game where the official counted a basket that didn't go in because his grandson shot it. We lost that game, and I told the official afterwards what I thought. We still didn't win the game, and everyone there knew it was a crap call. We just went on to next week and forgot about it. We were mad, and the officials didn't care for me telling them they sucked, but we made sure next time we played his grandsons team that they only scored once in four quarters of basketball. If this Korean Ass Clown was any kind of champion or athlete, that is exactly what he would do. Go home, get better, and win the gold with authority in four years. I think his sorry performance last night proved that he's not a champion, and the attitude of him and his country prove it that much more. I usually only pull against Jeff Gordon, and Dale Earnhardt Jr., but last night I was pulling for that guy to fall on his ass. I laughed so hard when he messed up that I fell off the couch. I hope he leaves olympic park today and never comes back. He should take lessons from Alexi Nemov, the Russian competitor. That guy is an athlete. He gave what should have been a gold medal performance, and didn't stick his landing. Well, there was a lot more to that routine than his landing, and I think he should have won the gold, but he didn't. I bet we don't see him trying to get the Italian stripped of his gold this week. He knows he deserves it, and I bet you he'll be back in four years and will give an absolute flawless performance. Simply because - he's a true champion. Personally, I hope this Korean clown never sets foot in an olympic stadium again. He doesn't deserve to sweep up the floors of the other athletes with the way he's been acting. The judges certainly aren't helping out - because they're just out to cause controversy now. They've been flip flopping more than John Kerry does. I think this Korean moron should show his true colors, and throw his medal back at the IOC, then in a few years, he should say "No, I threw someone elses medals - mine were at home, I am great Olympic Champion." Then, when he runs for dictator, he can say he only threw his ribbons back at the IOC, and never made that distinction. He is after all, a great Olympic Champion. Where have I heard that story before?

So I got paid a visit by someone named Donkey this week. Seems to be that Donkey is a hard core democrat and wanted me to read his blog. So, I read it. I will reiterate - I don't know how anyone can say they're going to vote for John Kerry and keep a straight face. It's wonderful that that is who you are going to vote for. I'm not out to start a political debate on my blog. I'm glad you have the same strong political views that I do, even though we're on opposite sides, and thanks for stopping by. John Kerry is the Budweiser Donkey, and he did not approve this message.

8 Comments:

You are hilarious. I think you're right about the Korean guy...take it like a man and be done with it.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 5:09 PM  
Thanks Chastity. I think he should too. I wonder what it's like knowing that the entire world thinks your a moron.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 6:49 PM  
With all the pansying going on, it's amazing people can hold their heads up!

Get over it all ready!
posted by Blogger Jenn at 7:33 PM  
Why is it that garbage men, on the average, seem to be in an 'off' mood when they collect your cans? I mean, now the trucks are all automated so the messy dumping part isn't really anything they have to worry about...and waste collection salaries are nice and hefty...Hell, I think they should put your cans back in their special spot instead of leaving them at the curb. I suppose that's rude, and I've never been a trash/garbage collector, but still...geesh!
posted by Blogger Sprinkles at 3:02 PM  
No doubt. I can't believe he does that. Last week he was even nice enough to turn and look at me, open the door, and close the door and drive off. Oh well.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 3:52 PM  
Sigh. Patrick, I was nail polish shopping (I know, groan, you're male and don't care, but...) and OPI (my fav polish) has released their new color line. They're all canadian. I bought: "It's berry eh?" Just made me laugh and think of you. I probably would not have bought it if the eh? wasn't at the end. Greg blames you.
posted by Blogger Jenn at 3:47 PM  
Tell Greg he should blame Canada. At least we can all agree that John Kerry is evil.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 6:50 PM  
If I tell him that he may break into song. And that would be tragic. His only flaw is he's a Kerry lover. But don't worry, Mississippi's votes don't count. And my vote cancels his.

I changed my blog name for you!
posted by Blogger Jenn at 9:27 AM