Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Not only am I a dork, I'm a super dork...However, I'm a wise one it seems.

So, it's Tuesday September 21. To most people this is just another day. However, at the stroke of midnight last night, geeks everywhere lined up at Wally Worlds, Best Buys, Circuit City's and the like to purchase the original Star Wars Trilogy on DVD - myself included. I did do a good deed though. There was a lady in a wheel chair that came to purchase it as well. Apparently she would have been more welcomed at the X-men premier because the surrounding dorks didn't seem to want to talk to her. When they rolled the big box of DVD's out, they rolled it up behind her and the dork mob crowded around it to the point that she couldn't move. She was asking anyone that would listen to hand her one, and wanted to know which one was better - the full screen or wide screen. Seeing as I was bigger than most of these dorks (at 225lbs I didn't seem to fit the trend there) I pushed a hole in the crowd to get to her, asked her which copy she wanted, explained the difference and handed it to her. The only comment I heard as I walked off "The force is strong with that one." Seriously. I grabbed a couple of other DVD's on my way out. Those being the Punisher, and West Side Story. The lady at the checkout counter gave me the strangest look, but didn't comment. Apparently I'm with the dark side of the force. I can see that I suppose - my boss has been telling me today that I need Anger Management classes. Somehow I just don't see it.

So, I took a test today that proves I'm a super dork, but a wise one. I sortof figured that the Anger Management classes would make me someone different in this quiz, but perhaps I'm getting older and wiser. Maybe just older...

professor x
You are Professor X!
You are a very effective teacher, and you are very
committed to those who learn from you. You put
your all into everything you do, to some extent
because you fear failure more than anything
else. You are always seeking self-improvement,
even in areas where there is nothing you can do
to improve.

Which X-Men character are you most like?
brought to you by Quizilla

Okay, so X-men are totally unrelated to Star Wars, but I already took that test and it said I was Luke Skywalker, and now it seems that I'm Professor X. I think I can stand that.

John Kerry was on David Lettermen last night. It's pretty obvious where that ass clown stands in this election so needless to say I won't be watching his show. At least Jay Leno slams both candidates and plays no favorites. David Lettermen, Katie Couric, Matt Lauer, and John Kerry are all liberal jackasses, and I sincerely hope that in November we can call them all losers. This message has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, and therefore not approved by John Kerry - and he's a jackass.

3 Comments:

"The force is strong with that one." LOL

That was really nice of you to snag that woman a DVD set.
posted by Blogger Sprinkles at 9:09 PM  
Yeah, that was my good deed for the day. I didn't think hard core dorks were that mean about getting a Star Wars DVD first, but I appear to be wrong. I guess my response should have been "Never underestimate the power of the dark side," but I was too worried that they'd break out some plastic light sabers or something.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 12:01 PM  
Just watched The Punisher...was very good. I love Letteman...he's always been my favorite, so I'll have to forgive him for bad judgement.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 11:28 PM