Monday, November 29, 2004

Weekend movie review.

I'd like to say we had a productive weekend, but honestly I just ate a lot of food. We did get to watch three movies this weekend, so it wasn't a total loss.

First, we watched the Stepford Wives. I'm still upset that I paid to rent this one - it just wasn't any good. I like Nicole Kidman and Matthew Broderick both, but it just wasn't a good movie. If you really want to see it, I would recommend you wait for it to hit TV, or get a free rental.

Next was The Butterfly Effect. We'd heard for the longest time that this movie was great, and we'd love it. Sorry, I wasn't impressed. I do like the time travel type movies where you see the effects of what happens if you change one thing in the past. It's just neat to me. This was okay, and better than the Stepford Wives, but not all that great. I'm glad I did finally see it, but it isn't something I would go buy.

Lastly was National Treasure. This movie was great! It was like Indiana Jones meets Pirates of the Carribean. I do like Nicholas Cage, so this was a must see anyway. The concept of the movie is cool, and it is way fun to watch. Most movies that are two hours long can't hold my attention, but this one didn't seem long and I never once dozed off. I would highly recommend this one - it's great.

That's about it for now...more later.