Monday, December 27, 2004

Customer Service Issues

Okay, part of what I do here at work is Customer Service. This post reminded me of a guy we used to have work here that I'm sure some of our customers hated. As much as I hate to say it, Customer Service isn't rocket science and you don't have to be a genius to do it. When we get new guys here, some times we take bets on how long someone will be here. We had this one guy that we didn't think would last a week. We'll call our guy Nick. A little history on him shows that he has a short fuse - shorter than mine. He'll just yell and carry on for no reason. I like to at least think I have reasons sometimes, and I've never carried on like this guy did. Well, Nick got this guy - a boob - one night that had no idea what he was talking about. So, instead of staying cool, or just agreeing so as to not argue, Nick starts to yell. Then it turns in to a yelling match between him and the guy. Finally, nick slams his headset down, stands up on his desk and yells "I HUNG UP ON THAT DUDE!!! HE WOULDN'T SHUT UP SO I FRICKIN' HUNG UP ON HIM!!!" The guy gets mad and calls back - obviously. So Nick was given a box to pack his personal belongings in when he arrived the next morning. Now he's forever immortalized as the "I HUNG UP ON THAT DUDE" dude. It's a running office joke, I assure you.

We leave for Jeff and Mary's on Friday. We are way excited, and amazingly Jeff is letting us stay at his house after Auburn beat Georgia, and after I forgot his birthday. Four days to go!

2 Comments:

Arrgh...bad customer service obviously gets on my nerves...and I think it's almost worse after you've worked in customer service yourself. I have now forgiven Raj though...you know b/c it's that time of year.

Have fun in Florida...catch a few rays for me :).
posted by Blogger Chastity at 12:15 AM  
Yes, it is that time of year. It was just funny and reminded me of good ol Nick. Probably should choose a different career path.

We will have fun in Florida, so you guys have a Happy New Year!
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 8:22 AM