Monday, December 13, 2004

Movie Review: Oceans 12

I did another netflix free trial while the wife was out of town so I got a bunch of good movies that I haven't watched yet. Don't worry, with my handy new DVD burner I have back-ups of all of them so I can watch them later.

I talked the wife in to seeing Oceans 12 on Saturday night. It wasn't as good as Oceans 11, but it was still a good movie. I can't say too much, but for most of the movie you won't know what's going on. Then it has a nice happily ever after type ending. If you liked the first one, you'll like this one. I think it doesn't disappoint, but it's not the first movie so don't go in expecting to see the first one done over. I wouldn't imagine there would be a third one, but I think Matt Damon's character could probably have a spin-off of some sort. Either way, it's good. Definitely worth seeing on the big screen.

On DVD we've got The Alamo, Paycheck, Ned Kelly, and Miracle to name a few all courtesy of Netflix and Blockbuster. The Bourne Supremacy and Spider-man 2 I purchased at Best Buy - so I'm not all bad.

6 Comments:

Ned Kelly made even my dad cry. It's that sad. And Miracle is AMAZING... made me cry... hot guys playing hockey when there is no NHL... yeah I bawled.

Waiting on the Alamo, haven't seen Spiderman but I am getting it for Christmas along with Bourne Supremacy which I LOVE!

As for Oceans 12... well it'wasn't 11. I thought it was too busy. They had this wonderful cast and didn't really utilize anyone but Damon, Zeta-Jones and Pitt. Although Casseil was great!! Love them French!
posted by Blogger Jenn at 6:21 PM  
I didn't think Ned Kelly would be sad. Maybe I won't watch it.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 7:02 PM  
Paycheck was surprisingly good. I loved Spiderman 2!
posted by Blogger Chastity at 7:15 PM  
Then you haven't heard of the Kelly Gang... it does have a depressing ending. Consider yourself warned. It's still a good movie though....
posted by Blogger Jenn at 10:13 PM  
I've heard of the Kelly Gang. We used to have fake Ned Kelly memorabilia hanging on the walls at Outback. He was an australian folk hero, and I know how they caught him. Somehow I thought the movie would be more like American Outlaws.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 10:39 AM  
It's exactly like the folklore, and it ends exactly the way they say it does... nothing like American Outlaws... not trying to discourage... just warn.
posted by Blogger Jenn at 11:49 PM