Monday, January 10, 2005

Explain this to me...

Okay, someone explain this to me. Why is it that you need a license to drive, but not to procreate? There are people that doctors should look at before they procreate and say "Maybe you shoud think twice here guys." We were behind four of the dumbest people I have ever seen in my life at Lowes the other day. We went down two aisles and of course they had them both blocked - seeing as there were four of them, and they were stupid. They're the people you pass by and think "Man, I wonder if they know they're that annoying." The answer is no. They have no clue. Well, we bought some tools, and you have to go through the special tool checkout line that these for ignoramooses had taken over. They were buying a lot of stuff, and were arguing with the 80 year old woman behind the counter that this coupling should be $2.00 instead of $2.50. Seriously people, questioning the price is fine. Ruining some nice old lady's day over 50 cents just hardly seems worth it. We stood in line because we had tools and technically we're supposed to check out at the tool line. After 10 minutes, these people were still arguing the 50 cents. I'd had enough, and I had the wife with me so telling them that I'd pay the 50 cents if they'd leave and never come back wasn't an option. So, I said very loudly "Okay Honey, I've had enough. These have got to be the four stupidest people on the planet. Let's move to another line that they haven't taken over yet." We get to the other line and I guess the girl could sense that I was upset because she didn't say much, and looked down the whole time. When we checked out - finally - those people were still arguing over 50 cents with this poor old woman. Good Lord people! It's 50 cents! That was when I started to yell at them, but they were too enthralled with this woman trying to take 50 cents from them to notice.

People like this should not be allowed out in public. If you can't put the coupling in the bag like they ask you to and write the item number on it, you're probably too stupid to use it anyway. The 50 cents was probably a minimal charge for the lady to have to put up with you.

The good news is, we got our Lawnmower this weekend from Sears so I'm excited. I never thought Home Improvements and Lawnmoers would be things I'd get excited about but here I am growing old. I also got my Surround Sound put up this weekend that we bought from Circuit City. Car Chases, explosions, and gun fights have an entirely new sound now. Now, I can shake the windows on my neighbors house with great force. I guess it's back to work for now. Have a good Monday.

2 Comments:

Congrats on your new lawnmower!!

Do you mow in a circle working your way toward the center of your yard? or do you mow in stripes, back n forth? I've noticed people are very particular about this sort of thing.
posted by Blogger Sprinkles at 12:59 PM  
Stripes back and forth. I'm not that particular. Well, I never have been but who knows once we establish a lawn at the new house.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 2:46 PM