Wednesday, January 05, 2005

So...I'm old?

Well, as I mentioned earlier we did some touristy things while down in St. Augustine. We went to the San Sebastian Winery and did the taste test deal. Obviously you have to be 21 to enter, so they card everyone. Everyone except me that is. It wasn't so bad that I didn't get carded, or that everyone else in the group did. What was bad was that the guy greats us, asks if we're here for the tasting, and says, "Okay, I need to see everyone's ID's. Well, except for yours!" while he's pointing to me. I know I'm over 21, and I can't say as I've ever been carded since I was 21, but seriously, do I just look that old? As far as age goes, two people there were older than me and they got carded. I don't know, maybe it's a sign that I'm not aging well.

At any rate, the wine tasting was great. Great enough that we brought some home along with an order form for more when we run out in six months. But seriously, am I just not aging well? Is this a way for everyone to tell me how bad I look in a nice way? I know I need to lose weight, but I don't think that is what's making me look old.

More later...

5 Comments:

I'm finally back! Great to see that you're still blogging!

Happy 2005~

Truly,
Insanity Infusion
posted by Blogger Sprinkles at 7:26 PM  
Also...

No trash day news??
/gasp
posted by Blogger Sprinkles at 7:27 PM  
Actually, our trash guys seem to be pretty good so far and now we don't have a ditch for it to be thrown in so we look to be alright now.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 10:57 AM  
I can honestly say that I can't tell you've aged since the first time I knew you. I had no idea how old you were at the time, and I must admit I'm a horrible judge of age, but you look the same; you don't look old. Sounds like the guy was just rude. If a place cards, which all places should, then they need to just have a policy to card everyone. It's just common sense..that way there are never any mistakes and they're accountable.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 12:04 AM  
I used to hate carding people when I waited tables. I wore a pin for a while that said "We ID Anyone Under 40." Of course, when you don't card an 80 year old woman, she takes offense and leaves the restaurant.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 1:44 PM