Thursday, September 22, 2005

Five reasons Mike should start a blog.

Okay, so everyone has seen my friend Mike floating around bloggerland here recently. Mike has been a friend of mine for a long time and he's recently started reading my blog. We're both car guys, so a few years ago when Mike was washing a car I'd never seen up close - I stopped to check it out. We've been friends ever since and my Dad helped him restore a 71 Dodge Challenger a few years ago. I know what you're thinking...Mike has to be cool. Mike also drives an Aprilia motorcycle. If you don't know what an Aprilia is, just trust me that it's cool. I wouldn't lead you astray. I've tried to convince him to start his own but he doesn't think anyone would read it. Is Mike an interesting person? Of course he is. Mike doesn't go looking for things, random things just find Mike. I remember driving back from Cookeville with Mike in one of his many RX7's at a rapid pace when we got pulled over. In short, we were detained on the side of the road for the better part of two hours by two fat worthless cops that thought we might have been running drugs, and that Mike didn't have a valid drivers license. Finding this, they decided to frisk me and run my license while Mike is standing with his hands on the car as they now thought we were drug runners. Rightly so, we were in an import with tinted windows driving over the speed limit and Mike of course made the bastards chase us. Upon running my license they decide I've stolen someones license and this is clearly not mine. If I'd been nice and taken my sunglasses off they probably would have known but I refused. I finally had to say "If I was going to carry a fake ID, wouldn't it be one that I could buy beer with?" They agreed. Being dumb cops, this never occured to them. After being removed from the car and having these pigs search us and the car, they decide to let Mike go with a hefty fine and we're sure they went back to chuckle about it with all of their fat friends. Mike and I drove home and he spent the next month fighting them on his fine but finally gave in and paid it. I'm sure it was worth it to not have to go to Cookeville again, but I still say those two ass clowns owe us two hours of our lives back. We'll never see it again.

So anyway, this is a very tame Mike story. Mike alone is entertaining, likes long walks on the beach and belittling people. I'd say he's good at it, so here are five reasons Mike should start a blog:

1. It would be funny as hell to read.
2. It would be a good creative outlet.
3. Things happen to Mike that don't happen to your average person.
4. Mike could be the next Tucker Max.
5. It would be funny as hell to read.

That being said, Mike's blog would not be for everybody but it would be entertaining for those that could read it. So there is my arguement special Mike. Do with it what you please.

9 Comments:

blah blah blah...you need a members boobie thread. seriously. 'cause tits....are way more important than gas in a hybrid type threads. The honda insight hybrid(I can't bring myself to actually capitalize that), is in no way, shape, or form, anywhere near as interesting as the breat-es-es-eses.
Mike
ps. Yeah, OK, maybe some of that shit he talked about was true, BUT I WAS FRAMED. FRAMED!!!!....keeping the middle classed white man down I tell ya.
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 12:05 AM  
Why isn't there a, "Edit post, I was drunk last night" kinda button. It would be much appreciated.
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 8:49 AM  
If you had a blog you could edit your posts you lush.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 9:14 AM  
Mike,

Unfortunately Patrick is right. If you have your own blog then you can edit posts, but not on other people's blogs. Oh, and you just gave the best reason for you to have your own blog...you can put the “breast-es-es-eses” (to quote you) on your brand new blog. I must say that your drunk posts are quite entertaining, so I can jsut imagine how funny a blog by Mike would be to read.
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 1:06 PM  
Actually, if I had my own blog, I would edit everyone ELSES posts. That would make for some entertainment.

Mike
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 2:58 PM  
And there you have it folks, the sixth reason Mike should have a blog.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 7:02 PM  
Mike. You need a blog.
posted by Blogger Jenn at 1:04 PM  
Everyone needs a blog.
posted by Blogger Jenn at 1:04 PM  
Otherwise, how can people spam you. Just imagine how much fun you'll have with spammers...
posted by Blogger Jenn at 1:04 PM