Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Deport the bastard!

First off, this weekend was busy but wow did I make some progress. I managed to get both cars washed and waxed, the grass cut, sold my soft top, and finished painting the wine rack we bought a month or two ago. Now all I have to do is put it together. Did I mention that it didn't come with an instruction sheet? Well, it's a wine rack and I've put together way more complicated things than this without instructions so I should be fine. Maybe we'll post pictures once it's up. One of my good friends from college is in town for an interview today so the hot wife and I had the pleasure of taking her out to dinner and to the new Aquarium. If you're thinking of visiting our aquarium here in the scenic city - I would say don't. It's not bad, but not near worth the price of admission. I liked it, but I don't feel like I got my moneys worth out of it. At any rate, it was good to see my friend again and they might be moving back to town so that would be nice. According to a reliable source, the Angry Republican and his wife are coming in town this weekend so maybe we'll get to spend some time with them on their visit here.

Now, on to todays post. So, with gas prices soaring here in town (but now on the decline) someone decided this was the best time to make money. A gas station owned by one of the Patels on E. Brainerd Road decided last Thursday to hike his gas prices to nearly $5 a gallon. When accused of price gouging, his wife said he didn't speak english and didn't understand American culture enough to realize that he was overcharging. Horse shit he didn't. He now has a hearing scheduled for this week as he's been charged by the state for price gouging. He still maintains in the family's public statements that he doesn't speak english and didn't know he was doing anything wrong. He's been in this country long enough to establish a business so we know he speaks english. He's been running this gas station for years and I imagine if you went in with a 10 dollar bill to pay for five dollars in gas he'd know how much change to give you. To me, this means he understands how things work and knew exactly what he was doing so his excuses are just excuses. To me, this is not acceptable. Perhaps we should flood his store with pigs to bring great shame to him and say "Oh, these are pets here. We didn't understand your culture well enough to know it would upset you." Personally, if he wants to use his defense of stupidity, he should be deported. He's been here this long, doesn't speak or understand english, and doesn't understand culture, he needs to go. I think if he pulls that crap in his hearing, we put him on the first bus out of this country with a pound of bacon and wish him well. Perhaps I'm harsh, and I'm sure there is an Angry Republican out there that just thinks I'm a card carrying Klan member but seriously - why gouge people in a time of need? This had nothing to do with race until he pulled the defenseless race card. Horse shit. If we dont' deport him, we need to at least lock him in a mud pit full of pigs for 72 days with no food but the slop they get, and we should have Barry Manilows CopaCabana record playing on repeat 24 hours a day. I assure you he would emerge a changed man. Every business should be profitable and no one should be ashamed or punished for making money. This guy, should be deported for gouging and being an inconsiderate bastard. Somehow I think he'll go back to business as usual and chuckle with his friends that he fooled everyone by saying he didn't speak english and made a bunch of money. This is unacceptable...

4 Comments:

Clearly you didn't read my post about salesmen. Why don't you post a real comment or a real link if you dare ;-).
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 5:12 PM  
ahhh...spam! I've received a little bit of it on my other blog, but not much.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 9:20 AM  
I hate blog spam. He should be grouped in with the no good bastards that are price gouging at the pump here as of late. 72 hours of Barry Manilow singing Copa Cabana will change anyones tune.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 5:03 PM  
Greg posted a crude, vulgar and totally uncalled for comment on his blog. Dude hasn't been back.
posted by Blogger Jenn at 9:16 PM