Friday, December 09, 2005

Narnia

So we have tickets to see the 9:40 show tonight. We've had them since last Sunday when I had the misfortune of seeing Aeon Flux. The movie looks good, so hopefully it will live up to the hype. I'll post a movie review probably on Monday. Saturday I'll be in Atlanta for the day, and Sunday we're doing our family Christmas with my grandparents down in Auburn. Should be fun, but I think I'd rather just get together and have a meal with them rather than exchange presents. There is always too much discussion on spending limits and actual number of gifts beforehand, so I'd rather just forego the gifts all together and just get to see everybody for a while.

Courtesty of Netflix we've watched a few movies this week. We got to see Shallow Hal, and Team America: World Police Unrated and Uncensored.

Shallow Hal - I hate Jack Black. I'm not sure why we rented this one, but it wasn't bad. Something about Jack Black always makes me want to change the channel and watching him try to do a movie with a message made me want to hit him very hard. The movie also starred Jason Alexander with a really bad attempt at not looking bald. It looked like they'd put miniature golf carpet on his head and died it black. I think this one was recommended to us by Netflix. There are two really hot girls (Gwynneth Paltrow on the right, and one of my favorites - Susan Ward here on the right) in the movie, so if you haven't seen it I can spare you the time by saying "Don't judge people by how they look" and presenting you with these two pictures...









Team America - This movie is hilarious. Watch the unrated version with caution, it can be disgusting at times. I watched some of the extra features and watching how they made all these puppets and put it all together is pretty cool. They originally wanted to do Armageddon totally in puppets without changing a single word but Jerry Brukheimer wouldn't let them. They also talk about how much they hate actors in the extra features, and it's pretty obvious in the film too. The Film Actors Guilde let by Alec Baldwin aligns themselves with a terrorist and are against Team America. One of the funniest quotes I heard in the movie was when the actors were talking about how America doesn't know what's right for them, so it's up to the Actors to help create a better society, one of them says "It's our job as actors to read the newspaper and repeat it on TV as if it were our own idea." Sadly some of their depictions of actors are dead on, and the puppets look just like them. Just like them to the point that it's scary. It is done by the South Park duo, and it's funny as hell. If you don't like South Park or that kind of humor you won't find it funny. Chances are your wife won't find it funny either, but I still thought it was. Probably the best way to describe it is by saying that it's a corny 80's action movie (like the Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Karate Kid type movies) done with puppets and uncensored in that special South Park kind of way that could only be done by Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

This weekend we have Cinderella Man coming but I doubt we'll be home long enough to watch it. We might watch it on the road Sunday, but I doubt it. I hope everyone else has a good weekend!