Sunday, December 04, 2005

Movie Reviews and Christmas Lights

Okay, so since it's cold outside obviously we're watching a lot of movies this winter. On this weekends review list is Aeon Flux, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and Hostage. I also managed to get the Christmas Lights strung up on the hosue. you can find pictures of that here. They looked a lot more blue on the picture on the box.

Hostage - Not a bad movie. It's got Bruce Willis and of course he's a hostage negotiator that loses his edge when a kid that's being held hostage dies on his watch. He steps down and becomes a police chief in a small town. Then his family gets taken Hostage and you can sorta see how it goes from there. There was a small twist at the end that I didn't expect, but it was a good flic. Worth seeing but not worth buying.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith - This was a good action movie. I really liked it. Basically Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are assassins working for different groups. Neither one knows what the other does. When their employers find out they're married they plot to have them offed. The movie is funny, and has a lot of good shoot out scenes so it's definitely worth seeing.

Aeon Flux - I was actually really looking forward to seeing this movie. To be honest I wasn't really impressed with it. It was okay, but not worth seeing at the theaters. Charlize Theron is basically an assassin (getting the idea that I like assassin movies yet?) in a futuristic society. As attractive as she is, don't see this movie because you think she's hot. The action sequences are good, but the plot is empty. If you're a fan of Charlize Theron, I've provided the following for your viewing pleasure...


Not only that, I've saved you the $7 you would have spent if you'd seen this hoping to see her run around in tight leather outfits. She's way hotter in that picture than in any scene of the movie. She does a fine job as an actress, but the plot is just empty.

Outside of that the weekend was uneventful. Lots of rain, lots of maintenance to be done to the wifes car, but we are in good shape. Most of the Christmas shopping is done so hopefully we can avoid the malls for a few more weeks.

18 Comments:

Hostage - Read the book. It's much better. They of course leave out a lot of things.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith - Thought it was okay. I'll have to watch it again. Wife really liked it. I like Jolie in the tight leather! :)

Aeon Flux - Thanks for saving me on this one. Not that I know anything about it, but it keeps me from going to the theatre.

Are we going to be making the hot women a regular thing on this blog? :)
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 9:34 AM  
You have a really nice house!

We try not to watch too many movies in the theater anymore. There are always people talking too loud or kicking our chairs. I would just assume watch it at home on my 46'' TV where I can pause when I need to go to the restroom or fix myself a snack. :)

Although Narnia or King Kong will be hard to pass up watching on the big screen, so se will probably see at least one of those at the theater.
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 10:01 AM  
Christian - that's a thought. Hot girls a regular on the blog? I can deal with that I think. Watch the trailer for Aeon Flux, it's much better than the movie actually is. I'm with you on Jolie...she's hot.

J - Congratulations on being a Daddy. That's awesome for you guys. Something about seeing movies in the theaters I still enjoy, but you're right. It's expensive (don't even talk about refreshments) and somehow someone always kicks my chair. We've already got tickets for Friday at the Rave. 46" TV? I'm jealous. It was all I could do to talk my wife in to a 32". Oh well.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 11:35 AM  
By the way J, how do I add you to my netflix queue?
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 11:40 AM  
If the Hot Wife can put up with it, I say Hot Women on the blog should be a permanent fixture. I've got a couple of sources that I could send you! :)
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 1:02 PM  
Thanks, I can't wait to be a Dad.

I enjoy going to the movies as well when the theaters are not so crowded and you don't have to sit real close to anyone. There is something about the big screen and being able to get out of the house for a few hours that I like. However, lately all the movies we have been to have been more annoying than pleasurable. I might see King Kong or Narnia after it has been out for a while and the crowds have died down.

I wish I had gone with a bigger, thinner TV but I can't complain. There are some really nice 62'' DLP TV's out there. :)

I will send you an e-mail about adding me to your Netflix friends list.
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 1:04 PM  
J - I just added you to our friends list. Looks like we have the same taste in a few movies. I guess it's Christians turn to sign up so we can all share.

Christian - Send your sources away. I can always use more sources for hot babes on movie review day.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 3:29 PM  
I second the nice House comment. How about pictures of your neighbors? That would be most excellent! :)

As for netflix...it's getting closer. Right now we just don't have enough time to watch movies to justify it (Which I so kindly explained to our satellite provider when he called me on Friday night trying to sell me Showtime and some other crap.). I'll probably do the 6 week thingy that I talked about awhile ago and then if we like that we may do the el cheapo version (9.99 a month or something like that).
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 4:03 PM  
Thanks for the house comments guys. Next time you're in the neighborhood stop in and we'll give you the grand tour.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 5:07 PM  
Hostage was ok, but I'll never look at sweet little Ben the same again. He was one twisted little ****!
posted by Blogger Jenn at 5:36 PM  
Do you and your wife share a Netflix profile? Who’s ratings am I looking at?
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 4:18 PM  
Yeah, that's our shared profile so we both rate movies. Most of them are mine though.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 8:09 AM  
Ha, you get the two week free trial for every credit card. Why didn’t I think of that?

You are very generous with your five star ratings. BTW I sent you a movie suggestion. :)
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 10:37 AM  
I love Lost, I think it is the best show on TV. Since Battlestar Galactica and Monk are currently on TV that is saying ALOT.

I think you should give it a try. Just make sure you watch them in order! If you don’t like the first few episodes you don’t have to rent the other DVDs. I hope you like it, I tend to like what some people call "nerdy" TV shows (Fantasy or Sci-Fi) so you can’t always go by my taste.
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 11:38 AM  
Don't downplay it dear, we got two free trials at the dumplex, one Blockbuster free trial at the dumplex, then two more Netflix trials at our house, and one more blockbuster free trial. Now, we just had another free netflix trial.

J, I might be a little free with the five stars. Occasionally something gets a three, and of course the crappy ones get a one.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 4:06 PM  
Your lights look great! That is a really cute house.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 1:48 AM  
I adore LOST. That and Prison Break and Invasion. BEST shows on tv.

Scrubs and 24 will be back on the first week of January. CANT WAIT.

This is officially my last comment on your blog. I really really hate those word verify things. This is try number four (im deleting the number and typing in the new one with each try).

Check out Haloscan.com Then we'll talk.
posted by Blogger Jenn at 10:20 PM  
Hooters Hooters Hooters. Typing in the number is not that hard, and it keeps the spammers away. I'm sorry that typing a small series of numbers and letters is too hard for you.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 1:15 PM