Monday, December 12, 2005

Movie Review - Narnia

So we got to the theater a little late on Friday for the 9:40 show. It would seem our waitress didn't understand that when we gave her a credit card for dinner that she should run it and bring it back to the table. We really did wait like 30 minutes for her to get anywhere near the table again. Then she said she thought we were done and that's why she didn't bring it back. Somehow the credit card sticking out of the check holder we gave her didn't seem like something she should bring back. Go figure. Anyway, because of Misti, we had to swap our tickets for the 10:32 show. Not a big deal unless you have to be up first thing in the morning to get the front end aligned on your wifes car. Again, not really part of the story. So we swap to the 10:32 show and instead of sitting on the very front row we were first in line for the 10:32 show.

The movie was awesome. From what I remember about the book it was almost word for word. I can't remember the ending of the book very well, but I think it was pretty close. I normally don't care for Tilda Swinton, but she was really good in this movie as the White Witch. Everyone, most of them unknown, made the story believable and my wife left the theater ready to see the remaining books in the series as movies. It really was overall a great movie, and well worth the price of admission.

2 Comments:

Might see this one when the parents come into town. I remember my dad reading this book to me. I think we only made it through the first 2 books so I'm not sure what happens in the rest of them. I've been tempted to go back and re-read them.

Hope your trip went well other than Misti the ditzy waitress! It almost ryhmes!
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 2:43 PM  
We might actually take the kids on a field trip next semester to see this movie. I don't know if I can wait until then.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 7:48 PM