Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Productive Days

Well, most of Spring Break I did not very much. I watched our new friends Dog while they were out of town. I swapped wheels and tires on the Cuda (and that debate continues) and did a few test runs (and of course test burn-outs). Friday was more or less the last day of Spring Break so I got a wild hair and rented a chain saw to take down some dead trees in our back yard. Our flaky neighbors (I've blogged about them before) said he'd get a chain saw and we'd get it done. That was last summer and the tree still stands about to fall on his fence. It's gone. I was ultra productive on Friday. I'll spare you the arguement I had with the guy at the rental place about the chainsaw and just tell you I won and he sucks. Saturday we decided we'd finish up the front yard and buy some landscape edging for our new flower beds. While we're at Lowes promising we're not going to spend much, we buy a new storm door for the front of the house, and a set of walkway lights for the front sidewalk. Our sidewalk wasn't thought out worth a crap really. It seems like they could have made it not suck, but they decided not to. Anyway, there is no lighting on that edge of the house, and the sidewalk is steep as all get out. At night, people have a hard time getting down it. Well, we bought lights to fix that. This weekend should be full of that kind of stuff. I swear, Lowe's knows when we're coming. Once we get it done, I'll post pictures on the photo blog so everyone can see what it looks like.

As for this week at work, there isn't much happening. Currently I'm trying to find ways to bring in revenue that don't involve the college. Yeah, it's that exciting. Probably as exciting as reading about someone else doing yard work huh?

Mike is away at his interview and should be back today or tomorrow. Everybody send him happy thoughts, he's pretty excited about this so hopefully he'll get it. It would require relocation so I'd miss having him around, but I think he'd really like it. Anyway, I'm sure he'd appreciate any happy thoughts sent his way.

4 Comments:

Yes...the interview. I wish I could say I was exagerating with this description, but i'm not. I was ushered into a room to fill out a non-disclosure agreement, then told to find room XXXX of the hotel. Once there, knock on the door. I have never wanted to knock on a door any less in my life.

Three black suits were sitting around a table. They gestured to a bottle of water in the middle, and proceeded to "get to know me a little better."

I think we had a nice little chat. Our time was... memorable.
/Mike
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 8:59 PM  
Mike,

The way you describe it made me think about the Scene in Men in Black where Will Smith drags the table across the floor. I thought that was what you were going to say.

Hope the rest goes well for you.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 5:41 PM  
What was the job for? It sounds important. I have ever been to an interview with anyone in a suit. Sounds scary.
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 12:57 AM  
I hadn't thought of the Men in Black yet. I did think of that scene in the Matrix (the first one) where the three agents have Mr. Anderson in the room with their sunglasses and their ear pieces uttering phrases like "Tell us more about yourself."
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 8:38 AM