Monday, February 27, 2006

Movie Review - Domino

I had to watch this movie twice because the first time I slept through most of it. We went to see some of my friends Friday night and after we ate and I'd had a few Boddington's I got a little tired on their comfortable couch, not to mention it was insanely hot in there. I missed a good part of it. As Hooters said you do get to see Keira Knightley without a shirt, and gives a guy a lap dance. She's pretty, but don't watch the movie for just that, you'll be disappointed. The movie is based on the true story of Domino Harvey, the model turned Bounty Hunter. She died after the movie was finished, but there is plenty of actual footage of her and her telling her story. You'll wonder what part of the movie is true and what part is made up. The part that Hollywood added is obvious. Domino, Ed, and Choco were all very ugly people in real life. Having Keira Knightley, Mickey Rourke, and that other guy play them was Hollywoods way of prettying them up I guess. The movie also stars Delroy Lindo, Christopher Walkin, Jaqueline Bisset, Dabney Coleman, and Mena Suvari. I have yet to see a movie where Suvari looked attractive at all, but for some reason in this movie she was more attractive and a lot less annoying than she usually was. Back to the movie. It's good, and she does repeat herself a bunch but that's okay. I don't know that I'll sit down and watch it again and again, but it was a movie I wish I'd seen in the theaters. Full of action, explosions, cuss words, violence, and gratuitous nudity. If those are the things you look for in a movie, I'd recommend you see it right away.

Outside of that, not much else happened this weekend. We were supposed to go to Mike and Tiffany's pajama party but we missed it because my parents stayed much later than they normally do. When we have them over for dinner, it's dinner and out. They were there until almost 11 and at that point I was too tired to go anywhere. Sorry guys. This week in movies we should have Walk The Line, Where the Truth Lies, and whatever else Netflix decides to send us. Not sure what they'll pick, but we'll see.

2 Comments:

You haven't seen a movie where Suvari looks attractive 'cause no one's bothered to shave that bitch's ass and teach her to walk backwords. It would probably help.

/Mike
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 8:44 PM  
Yeah, she's really not good looking. She probably looks the best I've ever seen her look in this movie. If you haven't seen it, you need to watch this one. It's pretty good.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 8:09 AM