Friday, March 03, 2006

Downloading music

Yeah, I still do it. I'm mean...look at me...I'm obviously a criminal. I know it's wrong and I do it anyway. Seether has this new song out that I like called The Gift. I figured while I was at it I'd just download the entire album. While I was getting ready for work I cranked it up on the computer. The neighbors were probably wondering what in the hell was going on because my computer surround sound is almost as loud as the one in the living room. It's THX certified 5.1 digital. No, it's not a necessity to have killer sound on a computer but it's cool. The computer has two eight inch woofers and five satellites, and I had it up pretty loud. In the middle of this song, the music stopped so I thought "okay, this one didn't download." The next thing you hear is a car horn honking like a car is driving by. I went to the office to see what this was about and see if the other one I downloaded was the same way. They all were...all three of them that downloaded did this. Not only that, every song on the album did it. That sucks. It probably means I should give in to the man and go buy the CD as it's only $10 at Worst Buy...I mean Best Buy. I haven't bought a CD in a few years now because I'm usually disappointed in them so this one is probably no different. I guess that's all of my rant for today. I downloaded another round of the CD to see if it was any good so hopefully there are no car horns in the middle of the music.

5 Comments:

BitTorrent. Do a search for Azureus
/Mike
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 6:02 PM  
It's too late...I gave in to the man.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 7:15 AM  
"It is a slow-roasted pork. Nothing fancy, just happens to be my favorite, and I order it at every dive I go to in this country, and honestly, this is the best it's ever been. ... It is so good that when I'm finished with it, I'll pay my check, walk straight into the kitchen and shoot the cook. Because that's what I do. I restore the balance to this country." - Agent Sands

/Mike
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 9:25 AM  
I used to download music a little too. I'm not a huge music person, so I don't really buy CDs. I stopped a couple of years ago though when they started suing 12 year olds.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 4:34 PM  
Yeah, that suing business got a little out of hand. I think that's dumb. Then again they didn't ask me.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 11:14 PM