Thursday, February 23, 2006

Nothing to report

I've been neglecting the blog this week, partly because I do have stuff to do at work, but partly because playing games online and not blogging has been more fun. If you get a chance, go to MaximOnline.com and search their games. They have some stuff that's funny, and some stuff that's fun. So, a report of what's been happening the last few days I guess is necessary.

At the store nothing is happening except returns to wholesalers. We still get calls for the hospital on a regular basis. Lately someone in another town has some rental property posted with our phone number on it, and I'm assuming a different area code. I get tons of these calls. Not only that, I get tons of messages. One guy recently has been insisting that I really do have this rental property and if I don't show it to him he'll go somewhere else. I did try to be nice at first...really I did. Last time he called I said "I'm still a college bookstore. I still don't have any rental property. If I did, I wouldn't rent it to your dumb ass." At this point he either realizes he has the wrong number, or he'll leave a message at 2:00 in the morning that says "I need to get in touch with you. I keep getting some guy that is refusing to rent me this apartment. Can you call me back and tell that guy to quit messing with me?" Maybe I should feel bad, but I don't.

Racing season has begun. Daytona kicked off last weekend and I can't say as I'm that exicted about the season. It looks like the Dodge guys are again going to be struggling and Nascar is going to make sure they get no concessions. Nascar is good about making sure the drivers and teams they think will sell the most tickets will win though. Case and point - the guy who won Daytona failed post-qualifying inspection because of an illegal device. His crew chief gets sent home but he still gets to keep the car...and the device. In past cases they usually confiscate the car. Not this guy. Why? Because Nascar called them the team to beat in 2006. Looks like they're going to make sure of it.

Not making new friends. Last week I drove the wifes Crustang to work because my Jeep was on the fritz. Say what you want, but it's at 150k miles and still has never left me stranded. The catalytic converter failed so basically driving it was like driving with a potato in your tail pipe. It's fixed, and only took four of five hours to do. I stop at a gas station to fill up the Crustang and this guy who is obviously as hard core in to Fords as I am in to Mopars says "Hey buddy...how ya likin yer Mustang there?" I said "Oh this. This is my wifes car. It's fine I guess." He goes "Yer wifes car? What in the hell are you doin drivin it then?" This is not his concern so I said "I needed to drive it. Sorry, forgot to get your permission first." He says "well, I like Camaros better." I laughed. "Seriously man, they're all chic cars." "CHIC CARS??" he says "What's that mean?" "They're cars made for girls. They're small, they're nice, not particularly fast, but sporty enough for a chic. Chic cars." Amazingly this guy didn't want to talk anymore. Dumb ass.

That's about it for now. We watched Rent last night but I'll let the wife review that. It wasn't bad, but it was more her movie than mine. I've got Domino to watch and review this weekend so I'm pretty pumped about it.

11 Comments:

I have been playing a RTS game online called Dawn of War. They can be addicting.

I can't say I am exited about this season of NASCAR either, then again I am never exited about NASCAR. :)
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 3:16 PM  
Yeah, I like war games. One of the ones I played was Helicopter Strike 2. Usually I like puzzle games that make you think.

If I took you to a race, you'd probably get excited about it. It's different when you're there.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 4:00 PM  
I really don't think you could get J excited about Nascar; I really don't.

About the Camaro guy...do they even make Camaros anymore? I haven't seen one in ages.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 7:24 PM  
No, they don't make them. I think they're bringing them back in retro form like the Mustang but they're still not as cool.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 8:11 AM  
Domino...going to try and watch that this weekend as well.

I could get excited about the hot chicks at NASCAR...J should be excited about that. :)
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 12:08 PM  
I saw part of Domino last night (I kept falling asleep) and it was pretty good. Intense and confusing is a good way to describe it.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 6:18 PM  
RENT eh?

BAD RAUL!
Don't be gay!
Don't be gay Raul...don't be gay.

/Mike
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 11:46 PM  
Shut up Mike.

And Domino blows. You get to see a horrible lap dance, and Keira's nonexistant boobs. I think I would have liked it more if they didn't keep repeating everything she said... we get it already! But she is pretty badass, and Choco is hot!
posted by Blogger Jenn at 10:31 PM  
Domino was a good movie. Don't make fun of Keira Knightley's small boobs. Not everyone can earn the nickname hooters.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 9:59 AM  
This is true, and I love me some Kiera. I just wasn't impressed.

Pride and Prejudice comes out Tuesday. Now THERE is a good Kiera movie.
posted by Blogger Jenn at 8:17 PM  
Bitch please, I named my dog Hooters and let all the neighborhood dogs take turns on her.
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 8:49 PM