Sunday, February 12, 2006

Mud, Snow, and Movie Reviews

I spent the day yesterday servicing a bunch of Jeeps. I did my brother-in-laws new Jeep because it needed an oil change, and we changed the transmission fluid and both differentials in my friend Brian's Jeep. My Jeep finally got a transmission fluid and transfer case fluid service as it hasn't had one in a very long time. They're building a church on the way home and going to it is a very large muddy hill. Brian was talking about how he wanted to climb a large hill to see if his Jeep would do it. Instead he washed and waxed his while I was servicing my transmission. I didn't wash mine so I tried this hill out. I made it so the new gears and lockers I spent the cash on worked perfectly.

Last night it snowed...another reason not to wash the Jeep. It didn't snow much, and didn't stick to the roads, but now I have a good picture of my Jeep covered in snow. We haven't had a snow here in a long time and this year they were talking like it was going to be the blizzard of 93 all over again. It wasn't, but the grocery stores got cleared out of bread, milk, and anything else one might need to survive. The Jeep looks pretty cool covered in snow and mud though...

You can find pictures of the house and probably some of the wifes pictures later on our photo blog.

So a Movie Review for your weekend. We wathced Waiting. It wasn't bad, but there are a lot of truths to working in a restaurant in that movie. I never worked in one where anyone did anything to anyones food, so I'm pretty sure that's all a myth. The people that came in though, I've waited on every one of those people...even the 16 year old girls that were smoking. I didn't hit on them like Ryan Reynolds did, but they've been there. They usually order water and want free chips so they can smoke, then leave. I've worked with all of those people too, everybody from the manager to the bus boys and their depictions are insanely true. It was funny in parts, but not quite as funny as everyone made it out to be. It's worth a rental, but it's probably only going to be funny if you've worked in a restaurant or have a good friend that did. That's it for now.

5 Comments:

Why couldn't it have waited to snow until tonight? As minimal as it was I'm still pretty sure we'd have gotten off school/work for at least one day. Ugg.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 9:40 PM  
LOL...Chas you are really looking for that snow day aren't you?

Patrick, the jeep looks good with the mud and snow. Looks very similar to my in-laws jeep.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 9:42 PM  
Chas, don't worry you have Spring Break coming up soon. I'm not counting the days to mine but it's less than four weeks away.

Christian, what's funny is I just bought a new set of fender flares for the Jeep and I had to hose those off before I could change them out because they were covered in mud. Now the driveway is covered in mud.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 8:40 AM  
We only got a light dusting at our house. It was enough to turn our deck and cars white, but not enough to completely cover the grass if you know what I mean.
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 2:08 PM  
Yeah, we couldn't exactly have made snowballs but you know how people get around here. They just turn stupid when bad weather hits.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 3:03 PM