Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Memorial Day Double

Well, every year on Memorial day there are two prominent races in the nations two top series. The Indy 500 and the Coca-Cola 600. I usually try to watch both, this year I was successful. I'll spare you the boring details since most of you aren't race fans but we'll say congrats to Sam Hornish who had NEVER finished an Indy 500 in his career but finished in the right spot today and got to drink milk in victory lane at the Brickyard...


And congrats to one of my favorite drivers Kasey Kahne who put Dodge in Victory Lane at Charlotte Motor Speedway for the first time since Richard Petty in 1977. Whoo hoo!!!

2 Comments:

Did anyone do the double whammy this year(First Indy and then the other). I know in the past a couple of people have done that, but never won at either one...I believe.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 6:42 PM  
Nope, no one did it this year. Indy moved the start time up to 1:00 so no one could for this year. Probably the most successful was Tony Stewart who finished 6th at Indy and 2nd at Charlotte a few years ago.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 8:56 AM