Friday, June 16, 2006

What a Day

I was working on my blog yesterday and I had a couple of really good posts written that some of you may even want to read. They were good. I've got plenty of rants all saved up for later about this stupid redneck family reunion we have here called Riverbend, bad drivers, the new gym membership, all the good stuff. Then I get a call from my mom. My Dad, at 56 years of age had a mild heart attack yesterday while he was working in the yard. He was actually working in my sisters yard and didn't feel good so he sat down a minute. Then decided he'd drive home and get some sleep. Instead of driving home he drove himself to the emergency room. Turns out he had a blockage that was making his blood pressure go up and down and that's what was making him dizzy. They cleared up the blockage and he's fine. Currently he's got a room in the Coronary Care Unit until late this afternoon, then he gets a normal room and will probably be home Saturday or Sunday. Dad is fine, really. Other than having tubes and monitors strapped to him and in him he's doing really well. He was supposed to leave and go on a consulting job Friday morning and was not looking forward to driving through Bonaroo traffic. I'm really glad this happened while he was at home and not while he was stuck in Bonaroo traffic. I can just see those dumbass hippies trying to figure out what drug he's on rather than helping him and dad having a heart attack in the middle of I-24. I think he'll be cleared to leave some time next week. My mom is of course calm and helpful. When I say calm and helpful I'm actually referring to the level of calm and helpfulness that white people have when they hear gunshots or see a snake. It's never a pretty sight and of course she's anything but helpful. At any rate, plans for the weekend have changed and I just got an update from Mom saying Dad is okay and headed to his normal room as we speak. That's about all the excitement I can handle for today so I'm going to go get drunk and cut the grass. I hope everyone else has a good weekend.

4 Comments:

P, I hope your dad heals up nicely. It sounds like he made the best decision he could have in going to the hospital.

Be careful mowing the lawn while drunk...my grandfather did that once and ended up slicing his left butt cheek off with the lawnmower blade...true story.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 8:01 PM  
Sorry to hear about your dad, but glad to hear that he's alright. Save up the good posts for another time!
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 9:53 PM  
He's actually back home now. He came home this morning and he is doing fine.

Chas, I would really like to hear that story about your grandfather slicing his butt cheek off. That just seems hard to do.

Chris - there are good posts coming I promise.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 5:22 PM  
Ugh. Don't get me started on Bonaroo traffic.

But Im glad to hear that your father is doing ok. That's just scary.
posted by Blogger Jenn at 11:42 AM