Friday, June 15, 2007

Movie Review - Fantastic Four 2

I would have put Rise of the Silver Surfer in the headline, but it wouldn't fit. So...since the campus I serve is mostly closed on Fridays I had the afternoon off...which is nice in case any of you were wondering. Oh...it's nice. Very nice. Anyway, me and the Rumrunners (though without Rum) decided it would be a good idea to go see Fantastic Four today before everyone else went. I have to say, it's not a bad flic. The only real problem I have with it is that the actor playing the Silver Surfer didn't know he was being dubbed over until he saw the trailer. Given, I would be upset as well...but I guess if they dubbed Laurence Fishburn (or Morpheus) over me I could probably let that slide. So...the movie...

It picks up probably two years after the other movie left off. Jessica Alba (Sue Storm) and Mr. Fantastic (Ioan Gruffud - also Lancelot in the Clive Own King Arthur movie) have attempted to get married three times and something always interrupts. So the start is about their wedding day and of course, the Silver Surfer interrupts. If he didn't we'd have a short movie right? Right. So the movie is about them working with the government to find out what the surfer is and destroy it. It's a little corny at times, but might be just as good as the first one. I read a lot of reviews of people that hated the first movie so I'd have to say that if you didn't like that one...you might still like this one. All in all... a good flick. The only thing it's missing from the previous movie is Jessica Alba in her underwear. But...this one had a PG rating because she's trying to be a more serious actress and not sell just on sex appeal. Sorry Jessica...it's not that you can't act...it's that men are pigs. Her role in the movie oddly seems small...but she's still pretty hot...well...let's be honest. It's Jessica Alba. She's smokin! They probably tried to put a moral lesson in it somewhere but I didn't pay attention to that. I was just happy that Dodge made the Fantasticar and the line "Does it have a Hemi? Sweet!" was in the movie. But it's good, and it's wide open for the third movie as well as the Silver Surfer to have his own spinoff. Hopefully this time he'll negotiate the deal so he can have his own voice in the film instead of Morpheus...but you never know. At any rate, I give the movie three out of five stars as I enjoyed it and will likely buy the DVD. Have a good weekend at the movies everybody!