Thursday, September 30, 2004

Time...who's got the time?

So I go for a follow up interview today at this place. I've pretty well decided not to take the job, but I thought I'd give it a second look. I was told to be there at 8:30 so I arrived about 8:25. I figure I should be about 10 minutes early, but this will be fine. The people that are supposed to interview me are NOT THERE. They show up about 20 minutes late and then pretend that nothing happened? Should I be mad about this? I wasn't sure, so I blew it off. I really don't like when someone wastes my time. Given, I waste a lot of time doing things I shouldn't be doing, but I do my best not to waste other peoples time. The interview itself went fine as I figured it would. They ask a lot of weird questions. The last question he asked (from his approved list of questions) was "Is there anything that you need us to know about you that would make you a better candidate for this job?" My response was probably cruel, but I said "Well, is there anything you would like to know that you do not know?" He laughed and said "That's a good question, but there are some questions I can't ask." Then we had to wait outside the head guys office so he could say "good to see you" and go back to his phone call. They informed me that they are very interested in me and topped that off with "well...obviously or we wouldn't have interviewed you. We're still interviewing a couple of other people as well so fill out this form and get it back to us in a timely manner." I suppose they're nice people, and it might be a good place to work, but I'm pretty sure it isn't for me.

So, on my way to work today, I get off at this interstate exist that's had a John Kerry sign at the foot of it. Today, for whatever reason I got out and kicked the crap out of it and left it lying in a heap on the ground. Perhaps I should be more open to peoples political views as everyone does have a right to their own, but I wasn't. There was a Bush sign next to it so maybe I should have taken that as an all candidates represented kind of thing, but I didn't. Amazingly, that's the second one of those signs near this area that I've kicked the crap out of.

Anyway, not much going on here. My wife was nice enough to let me purchase Bullitt the other day on DVD. I haven't gotten to make her watch it yet, but I'm working on it. If you haven't seen that one, I would highly reccomend you check it out. It's a classic Steve McQueen movie - a must for every car enthusiast.

That seems to be all of the words of wisdom I can throw out today - more later.

3 Comments:

Funny that they asked for the forms back in a 'timely manner' when they themselves couldn't make their interview appointment on time.

Why have you decided not to take the job? Curiosity always gets the better of me.
posted by Blogger Sprinkles at 11:42 PM  
The timing is just off. I'm somewhat worried that we won't be able to get a house if we change jobs now, and I'm still waiting to hear from my current employer about an opportunity there. I couldn't leave without at least hearing them out, so it looks like bad timing. Plus, it just seems like a job I wouldn't want to do.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 11:55 AM  
You killed the Kerry sign...that's funny...I thought about doing something similar today on Hixson Pike, but it's too busy...I figured someone would get out of their car and kick my butt if they saw me.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 10:54 PM